Pics of new 600 yd range near Sioux Falls

Al Nyhus

"It'll never work!"
Was at the new 100-600 yd facility at Hunters Pointe last week. Hunters Pointe is located just a bit west of Sioux Falls near Humboldt, S.D. They've done a huge amount of work to get this range up and running.

A few pics for 'ya:

They're working on it Dallas, the last time I talked to the owner he was waiting to hear back from IBS.

Hunters Pointe is located about 25 miles West of Sioux Falls near Humboldt, S.D. Hunters Pointe is a top notch Sporting Clays facility and offers a pheasant preserve as well. The owners know how to do things right.

Their plan is to offer both 100-200 Score and 600 yd. registered IBS tournaments starting in 2014. The range owners are new to the sport of BR and are eager to provide what shooters want and offer a complete shooting facility.

Good shootin'. -Al

http://hunterspointesd.com/

New range

I hate to be stick in the mud but, where does the rangemaster position themselves with the wall behind the benches etc?

Looks like there is all kinds of room for the range officer. The only ranges that I have seen with more room is St Louis and Thunder Valley.

I just hope that they get into the IBS, and then I hope that they work with Elbow Lake and Harris on the schedualling!!

Last edited:
I thought the entire state was a pheasant preserve!

Seriously, I wish that I wasn't so far away. Would love to shoot there.

Back