Perfect Dasher freebore for the heavies!

Ackley Improved

I am wanting to order myself a Dasher reamer, as I would like a chamber with more freebore than my current one.

It will only be shooting the 100 grain plus projectiles, so I would like to utilise the freebore due to this.

I am thinking of 0.140 as the freebore, as to get those projectiles away from the doughnut area, and allow the Berger 108BT's to be perfect also.

The projectiles that could be used would be 107MK's, Berger 105VLD, Berger 108BT's, Lapua Scenars, and 105Amax. One of these would have to be great in the rifle.

So far it is looking like a 0.270 neck for minimal turn, 0.140 freebore, and 0.471 0.200 from the base.

So, what freebore would you guys recommend?

Cheers
AI

I called Dave Kiff for my 6mmDasher reamer and asked him. I currently use 108 Bergers. Mine is fussy, 6 thou into the lands and crunching varget is the only load I found for it. WSR primers and Lapua brass.

Attachments

• 6mm Dasher reamer print 2.jpg
    6mm Dasher reamer print 2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 2,875
Dasher Freebore

I just had Dave grind a set of Dasher reamers for me to meet the same bullet requirements that you have listed. I decided on .125 freebore. It is working well with 108/105 Bergers. Plenty of grip on a 105 and the 108's seat with the shank stopping above the neck/sholder junction. Don't go too long, the Dasher only has approx. .250 neck and it doesn't allow for much throat wear if you need to chase the lands with your load.

Brian Moore

Back