Parker Hale Bi-Pod?

billt

http://www.fidelisfirearms.com/bipods.htm

Does anyone own and shoot one of these? The Versa-Pod is supposed to be a knock off of this original design. I was wondering if this model was better? A lot of guys don't like the Versa-Pod because of it's instability, and the fact it tends to "tip over". I wondered if this model was better in that regard. Bill T.

The Parker-Hale is the better constructed of the two, and made from steel.
Most of the Versapods are aluminum.
Both suffer from mounting the pivot point well below the barrel and give the tipping over problem.
If you can fit the required spike in the end of the stock it is better, but you need to use one of the friction lock models to stop the tipping over.
I would not use the handstop mount system for any money!

Hope this helps in some small way.
Regards,
Stephen.

I prefer the Parker Hale bipods with the thumb wheel anti cant option.

The steel spuds inserted into the stock fore end tip are interchangeable between a Versa Pod & Parker Hale.

Once you use a Parker Hale you will give a Versa Pod away.

BiPod(s)

billt: Not knowing any better, I bought a "Versa-Pod" from Midway. Without getting into details ( but feel free to read between the lines), it was immediately returned for a refund. My son then gave me a Harris 6"-9" swivel with the pod lock, and I never looked back. A real quality piece of equipt., and "Made in America", not "China".

I agree with you about the Harris, and it's quality. I have one. I like the Parker Hale design because it's far cleaner looking without all the springs and things hanging out everywhere. Bill T.

GG&G makes a very nice (and very *light* bipod that works pretty well.

I do like the Harris BRMS 6-9" (w/ notched legs) + Pod Loc... being able to level the gun and lock it down is nice. The GG&G is pretty solid, but even tightened down all the way, it still moves a little.

I keep wanting to try a Versapod, but people I trust keep warning me off of 'em....

Back