One Piece Rests

jim

I am contemplating the purchase of a one piece rest - have searched this forum and discovered much good information. I participate in monthly ARA sanctioned local shoots and enjoy them very much. I have a Suhl equipped with a Shilen rachet barrel, fiberglass stock and Weaver 36x scope. It's definitely a step up in equipment from my Anschutz 64 MPR and Sako finnfire. I noticed at a recent shoot there were probably 14 shooters and all but myself had 1 piece rests. I use a Wichita base with Fudd windage top - it's a pretty decent set-up however I'm thinking of moving up to the 1 piece rest. My primary question relates to whether the cost will benefit my scores that much? I want to improve my game however I just wondering will the $700 to $900 make that much difference?

Thoughts would be appreciated especially from those who have transitioned from a good 2 piece set-up to the one piece rest.

Thanks in advance!

If you think it will, it will. Best value is the Pappas One Piece rest. You pay more that that for good ammo.

Jim, I think a Pappas one piece rest or one very much like it would help you a few points over any two piece rest. One advantage over any two piece rest is that both the front rest and the back rest stay in perfect alignment as you move the point of aim from one place to another. I hope that I explained that in a way you understand.

Concho Bill

The biggest advantage I find with the onepiece rest is the the time factor. I can shoot a card in less time. That gives me more time to study and wait out wind conditions. Not convinced that it is inherently more accurate.
Don

I agree with Don 100%. I've been using one of Kenny Fulghum's Front Rests with a Fudd Top since 2000, but over this past winter added one of Alan Hall's one-piece creations to my equipment list. Both work great. But, I do know that when I'm running tests, there's no question the gun will be sitting on the one-piece if for no other reason than the return-to-battery is spot on ever time.
Now, as to which brand is better, I can't tell you as that's definitely a matter of personal preference. But, for me it was Alan Hall's, no doubt about it.
Dave

Not trying to override the classifieds, and short change Wilbur but I just upgraded my Pappas one piece for one of his heavy base models with the Fulgham top and have my other pappas avaliable.
I'll send Wilbur his fee ir it sell from this post, I just have not gotten around to listing it.

PM me if interested.

Charlie Peters

Jim,
I have 3 different one piece rest and have shot on others, I have been using the heavy Pappas rest for some time now and will not shoot on any other one piece rest. It does take a little time to get use to. JMHO

Joe

Take a look at the attached llink.

http://www.killoughshootingsports.com/Webs/Rests.html

The anodized rest shown has double plates which James uses his secret rubber dampening between them. Not sure if the one shown has the thicker 1 inch base or not.

My new one does...but if you look at the picture you get the point.

There may be some more expensive or fancier looking but in my opinion and I looked at a lot before I purchased my first Pappas, I liked the Pappas best.

Charlie.

Pappas 1-piece is a jewel. shooting a Suhl my scores went up approx 10 pts IR 50/50, 5-6 pts USBR, 200 + ARA. HOW'S THAT FOR A BARGAIN ????? Seymour Fish

Get a Pappas. Its already been perfected and time proven and it will make a difference in your score IMO......Jerry

Back