ONE PIECE REST Owners

bigredplane

I looking for a little feedback from the guys that shoot off a one piece rest. How much do you think it helped your group size on the average.

Thanks Scott

one peice rest

I have a homade wodden rest hoen tom papus spool. I think it made 20 points
I shoot 50/50 the reast lets you shoot free recoil better (gun controle) then all you have to worry about is wind in west TEXAS that is the main worry.

boer

I use a Von Ahrens one piece rest and am convinced its helped my shooting a lot. However to qualify just how much is not possible for me to do as, 1, I'm new to benchrest shooting having just started at it this season and 2, I have several Caldwell rests I've been using for years, the main one being a Caldwell Rock BR Competition purchased when I first became interested in benchrest shooting. I have no experience with top end front rests therefore, I have not had the opportunity to compare a "good" front rest/bag setup to the one piece rest I presently use.

I quickly learned that while the Caldwell Rock BR works, it is very cumbersome to use not having a true windage adjustment, and after shooting with a friend's one piece Pappas rest, I decided the one piece rest was the way to go.

Another key factor in deciding which is what type of match class you plan to shoot in, not all matches allow the use of one piece rests. I shoot primarily RBA unlimited class so the one piece is allowed however I want to start shooting vintage benchrest and will have to use the Caldwell for that as one piece rests are not allowed...

Happy Shooting,
Mitch & Shadow...

A one piece will be my next purchase. I shoot off a caldwell rock BR and i am sure i can shoot better off a one piece. I want a Pappas but cant afford one yet.

Then save

Save all your Nickles, Dimes and Quarters, and buy the Pappas. It's the best buy you'll ever make.
PS:
Pappas is not filing for Bankruptcy even though he sells at a low price. The only Government runing Pappas Rests, is those little Grand Babies.

pappas rest

I'm sure Jessica really runs the place but ain't them grandbabies wonderful. My summer time job is keep my twin granddaughters.
Larry

one piece rest

I also shoot a pappas rest, I dont have good enough gun handling skills to use a two piece . I mostly shoot ARA. for me it takes out something I can screw up. and I can spend more time reading the wind.

pappas rest

i dont thiink i have ever seen such pure value for you money with this rest made by jim.

it has to be a labor of love because of the quality and material. you can hardly pick it up.

bob

Will I though this was the way this would turn out that one piece should make a nice improvement. Now it sounds like that Pappas is the way to go. But is any other one's to consider?

Scott

Last edited:
There are several makers of one piece rests. Most are pretty backlogged. I don't know whether James is fast or the others are slow but it appears you can get a Pappas rest easier than most others and they are a good value for your dollar. Sounds like a win/win to me.

Scott, get yourself the Pappas, and never look back, you can't beat them for the price and James is a true gentleman.

Joe

I'll agree with that.

You can't beat a Pappas one piece rest.

There are some others that cost more, but the Pappas does the exact same for less.

If my memory serves me well, I believe I shot this target the first day using my Pappas.

23790IMGP0647_Large_.JPG

And I'm no Joe Friedrich, but if Joe recommends a Pappas, to me that is saying a lot from the 2500 targets he has shot. ;)

re one peice rest

Dan Killough has a pappus one peice at killough shooting sports===BOER

I had a guy ask me in a pm about if he should buy a Pappas rest. He wanted to know if it would help his shooting groups or I'm guessing scores as well. He is just getting into rimfire shooting. He has a good shooting Suhl.

Well to be honest or anyone else who is just getting started, my answer would be yes it will help your groups and your scores vs shooting in all probability with a front rest and rear sandbag especially for the beginner. A good one piece rest will just take out the tracking variables that are sometimes associated with using a a rear sandbag rest. Now I'm not trying to lie to anyone or tell them that a Pappas rest will turn then into a overnite success, but it will help to improve the technical aspects that sometimes just can't be pinpointed that will help to improve your overall shooting.

More and more shooters are going to the one piece rest and having great success in doing so. I would bet a lot of PSL shooters are probably using one piece rest. They are definately a part of the eqaution to the higher scores just like the better ammo, barrels, and smiths are playing a role as well. It's what I call improvement in technology. Now that is not saying a great shooter with a killer gun and ammo who knows what he/she is doing shooting a 2 piece setup can't beat the boys/girls who are using a one piece rest. And I plainly told him that. Great scores are still being shot with a 2 piece setup. But more and more shooters are consistently raising the bar with a one piece setup. The scores just keep edging up. The one peice rest has got to take some of the credit.

Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
Back