One piece rest for ARA

K

Keith23

I am looking at one piece rest for ARA. I have seen the Pappas rest but I have not seen the Hongisto rest.

Could someone give me an idea how these rest compare. Pros and Cons of each?

THANKS!!

You have a choice of several very good rests. After looking at all of them, I chose the VonAhrens rest.

It is sleek, beautiful, simple, smooth as silk and works even better than I have described.

I don't think a finer rest exists.

There is a Hongisto rest for sale right now in the classifieds with a picture

Hongisto Rest

Cant really give a comparison as I have only used a Pappas. Maybe someone else can help with comparison.

hope that helps
Bill

I have a Pappas rest. Roger Von Ahrens makes a very nice quality rest. It's definately a beauty. But it's very expensive, too. You can get a Pappas for right at $700 shipped to your door. I don't plan on getting rid of mine. Jerry Graves won the first ARA indoor nationals shooting off a Pappas rest. Jerry loves his Pappas rest. James is a great guy to do business with. I don't know much about the Hongisto rest. They all pretty much serve the same exact purpose. I believe the Pappas rest for the money is hard to beat. But Roger makes a beauty of a rest no doubt about it. His rest are machined very well and look great.

Brad

Keith,

Don't know if you meant you have seen the Pappas rest in person or via picture, but here's my Pappas rest with a pretty good close up shot if it will help you any to see some of its features.

23790IMGP0913_Medium_Small_.JPG

Here's a top shot and the box I had made for the rest.

23790IMGP1055_Small_.JPG

Here's a picture of the whole front of the box to give you an idea in case you do buy one and decide to either make a box or have someone make you a box. I paid a guy $150 total to make this box for me. Works great.

23790IMGP1053_Small_.JPG

If you do decide to make a box like this one, I would tell you to opt to put each handle about 5-6 inches more inward or closer together to better be able to carry the whole box and rest to your truck or car. My handles are too far outward or too close to the end of the box to really carry it with the rest in the box. But that was my idea to put them there not the guy that built the box. I figured it would distibute the weight more evenly that way which probably is true, but I believe this makes the box harder to carry as well, too. It places your hands too far apart to carry as easily as it would be if the handles were closer together. But it works great to protect the rest which is mainly why I had the guy make it for me. The box probably weighs around 10lbs I'm guessing.

Last edited by a moderator:
One peice rests

Thanks eveyone for the info and pics. That box for the rest looks like a great idea. If possible please post a pic of the vonAhrens rest. I don't seem to be able to find one online.

:)

To be fair to Roger, I will post a picture of his nice rest as well.

003sm.jpg

They are like I said very well machined and made.

Back