One Piece BR rest

D

*Doc Holliday

I am looking to purchase a one piece rest and I need some advice.
I have an unlimited Stiller 2500X smithed my Mr Ech.

What are your recommendations?

regards
Wm

Personal choices

Pappas rest are used by many. (She advertises on a another site)
Randolph rests are frequently seen on the firing line. (Randolph Machine)
Clifford Arnold sells quite a few rests ((765) 491-3932)
John Pierce makes a nice rest (if you’ve seen Tony Harper’s rest you’ve seen a Pierce rest)
There is a new player in that Killough Shooting Sports has introduced the Precision Quest line.
They have contemporary style rest and a newly developed one piece joystick rest.
Killough brought 10-12 of the joystick rests to the big ARA shoot in St Louis earlier in the month. They sold out in less than 24 hours. It is my understanding another batch is nearing completion as this is being written.
Pictured is a PQ joystick rest setup for a lefty.

Attachments

• 0C334F42-5D12-4D11-8529-B3AC22C45982.jpeg
    0C334F42-5D12-4D11-8529-B3AC22C45982.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,901
  • A2FF07C3-8CD5-46EB-B323-E7BF57C82EC8.jpeg
    A2FF07C3-8CD5-46EB-B323-E7BF57C82EC8.jpeg
    927.7 KB · Views: 1,389
Last edited:
Thank you for your input

do you happen to know the cost of the PQ ?

Thanks
Bill

Arnold Rest

Hi Doc,

I have an Arnold rest and really like it. Mr Arnold was a pleasure to work with and was quite helpful answering my 1000 questions when I was looking for one. Today where I shot 80% of the rests were Arnold Machine.

Jeff

Pq

I purchased the PQ and just received it.
1st it's a very heavy piece but well worth the $$$$$.
I have been getting used to it and I have fired a few test cards.
The groups are much tighter as expected.
I did fire a 2300 using Eley match.
Then I cleaned the rifle smithed by Mr Ech.
I tried some specially prepared Center X.
I fired a 2500! high X count
My 1st ever! Yes I'm new to the game.

I am looking forward to next years matches and I have all winter to test lot numbers ect.

Thanks for your suggestions and if you don't have a PQ please by all means check it out

*Doc

I also purchased the PQ joystick rest from KSS.

First impressions are very nice machining. They beveled and contoured almost every edge on the whole rest. Windage action with the joystick is really nice, but it was slightly gritty. I took the rest apart and polished the surface that the ball bearing rides on while changing windage. This smoothed up the action a lot, and I'd recommend anyone buying the rest do the same.

I haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet, and may not get that chance until 2019(it's gone cold here in Maine), but I'm expecting it to be a pleasure!

Last edited:
Back