Older Leupold BR Scope Quality

mrh1958

How good are the older Leupold BR scopes with the locking AO ring ? , a local shop has one I am interested in, it is in excellent condition with the original box and all accessories, previous owner sent it in to Leupold about a year ago for service and they have the paperwork from Leupold as well, this scope in question was made in 1992 according to the serial number. Do these hold POI well? Thanks.

Excellent scope. If it has a problem, just send it back to Mfg'r and they will fix it. Never have been charged for any that I have sent it for refreshing.

Same as Fred said. I still use 2 of the older BR 36's, one's a little newer than the one you mentioned, and the other's pretty close to the same, and wouldn't think of selling either.

Dave

Try it before you buy it.

The Model # can make a difference. If I remember right there were numerous issues before the 'D'.
I sold all of mine because I did not like the 1/4 clicks which does not bother some shooters.

With that being said you really need to look through it at a target to see if it is Clear, the AO works & you like what you see!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back