Old guns&ammo article

Jhart

SLOW LEARNER
Was looking at some old guns&ammo mags from the late 60s early 70s at dads last night and found an article about supershoot lll and how Mr.Palmisano's cartridge thats based off the 220 russian was showing some real promise its first time out...I bet i spent half the night reading through them old mags .lol
0404021852.jpg
ATTACH=CONFIG]12453[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 0404022201.jpg
    0404022201.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
Yes thats when Guns and ammo cared about accuracy. I see it's one of Skip gordons articles.
One of my friends tried to get guns and ammo to start printing articles about our type of shooting.
Yes then No was the answer. times have changed they would rather write articles about the new and greatist pistol
Ok Ak 47 type rifles.

What I wanna' know is how the @#$% they had $10,000.00 on the line at the Super Shoot, in 1975 dollars???

al

They had actual gun companies support the super shoot back then . also major suppliers like lyman sierra etc etc
Remington use to make a factory Benchrest rifle I'm sure they were one of the sponsors along with some die makers and
even a few shooters. It was a different world back then. Wichita was always a great supporter of benchrest
They made actions and rifle rests. hodgdons and other powder companies also.

I remember reading about it back then. It think it was about the same time they started the American Handgunner Award. Elmer Keith won it the first year.

Back