Oil prices and residential heating costs.

Dave B

I hear lost of talk about conservation and driving less but no one seems to mention the problem the east coasters may have with heating their homes next winter.
Oil heat is relative unknown here in the west. I have owned a good size HVAC company for 25 years and spent 10 years in the trades before that. Other than a few 1200 lb monsters I changed out 30 years ago, I've never seen an oil furnace.
What are the people on the Atlantic seaboard going to do?

Dave

When we lived in Alaska we had oil heat. It was very efficient. You could heat a 2000 sf house using less than 3/4 gph and the heater never shut off on the coldest days and nights. But that was with oil at less than 50 cents per gallon. I'd hate to live there now.

We now live in an area that requires the least efficient heating of all - propane. At $3 per gallon I was paying over $500 per month this last winter. Luckily, winter doesn't last very long.

Like you said, I can't imagine how people who live in cold regions are coping.

Ray

We are finnaly going to reach the democrats nurvona..living in a cold dark house ..with cars we can't afford to drive..then we'll have zero carbon output..i can't waite

Back