Official Targets

Bob Kingsbury

Looking at some IBS group targets and comparing to NBRSA targets,
It seems that the NBRSA targets are a heavier paper. Am I imagining
things here.

"Old" vs. "New" IBS Targets

Bob,
If you're looking at "old" IBS targets, no, you're not imagining things. The quality of paper for the IBS targets was becoming increasingly poorer. As of this spring, we have a new target supplier (see the IBS website) for our 'Group', 'Score' and 600-Yard disciplines, which is Orrville Printing in Orrville, OH. This is the identical paper to that which the NBRSA is using. If you're buying so-called "official" targets from any supply house off the internet, in all likelihood, they are the "old" paper. I'm pretty certain that Orrville targets are only available from Orrville Printing. Again, see the IBS website for detailed information on contacting them. The information appears approximately 1/2-way down the page on the Home page of the IBS website.

Last edited:
You should try a target company called shotmaster10x.com

They have some great targets at good prices and other neat

stuff. Hope this helps.

Landon

Landon

You should try a target company called shotmaster10x.com

They have some great targets at good prices and other neat

stuff. Hope this helps.

Landon

the reason the IBS switched target printers had nothing to do with the target format...that is the same. It had everything to do with, as Kent said, the quality of the paper. The "old" targets from national were using a paper that tore oftentimes, making scoring either a group or score target difficult at times and frustrating most of the time. --Greg

Thanks Kent - you are correct about the paper. Also, Orrrville Printing was very particular about the exact dimensions of the rings for score and group targets. They are about the best we can do right now.

jks

What is the carbon footprint of the new vs. old targets? Are more trees killed to produce them? Is the planet at greater risk?
Bob

Bob ...

What is the carbon footprint of the new vs. old targets? Are more trees killed to produce them? Is the planet at greater risk? Bob

I'm vacationing with my brother in his home state of Alaska. There are Trillions upon Trillions of trees up here. Some of these need to be harvested so the rest can grow to maturity. Not to worry !!! :)

Back