Now here is a shooter for ya!!

Thank's for that .

Honestly, I never knew that stuff about dillo's. Do most people dislike them ?

blunt shooter,

What dillo? I never saw a dillo. I did see a butterfly though. :D

gt40

You ask if most people dislike them, anybody who owns land or farms land in the in the South will almost certainly have little good to say about them. They are like mini-hogs constantly rooting for insects and tearing up pastures, cropland, flower beds etc. Their worst habit iin my mind is the burrowing of numerous holes throughout pastures and fields. Holes deep enough to be dangerous to man and livestock alike. I have seen cattle with broken legs from stepping in holes and will not let my daughter ride her horse any longer at our hunting club due to the incredible number of holes in the fields.
The owner of farm I lease broke the front end off a 100hp tractor after hitting a hole while baling hay. So yes we dislike them and shoot them whenever possible as they are a menace.

Groundhog on the half shell...

They can carry leprosy.

Firstkillof2007withDEP44magnum.jpg

Here's what we do with G-hogs with out the shells in Michigan!:D

Is that a picture above of a long hair armadillo? I know one thing for sure about armadillo, they sure don't smell to good.

OK OK....... how many of ya's Yanks an' furriners knew that armadillos JUMP??? At least in Texas the little critters will launch like bony frogs.

Picture that little critter outlined against the sunset in the windshield of your liddle econo-boxster.......at 70mph.

They can jump 3-4ft into the air! It's gross when they jump up UNDER the truck or lodge in the grill but it's a whole 'nuther story when they come over the freakin' hood.....

al

Hey Guys.............................................. .........

Don't let vicvanb see those pictures he'll be wanting to file criminal charges........I'm sure he thinks their endangered!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: Right now in the south there's only 10 to each household.

OK OK....... how many of ya's Yanks an' furriners knew that armadillos JUMP??? At least in Texas the little critters will launch like bony frogs.

Picture that little critter outlined against the sunset in the windshield of your liddle econo-boxster.......at 70mph.

They can jump 3-4ft into the air! It's gross when they jump up UNDER the truck or lodge in the grill but it's a whole 'nuther story when they come over the freakin' hood.....

al

The brutes are about deaf and blind as you can walk right up on them, but once they smell you after you've snuk up on'em, watch out. Like alinwa said, they'll jump and be up around your head. Ask me how I know this.:D

There's two things I hate to kick in the dark.....one's a skunk :D but at least you don't BLEED from a skunk....

al

Observations of a FURRINER.

From knowing 1/5 of a far call about them, to beeing on my list in 4 days.

I saw a bit on T.V. about them. David Attenborough tried to be nice about them ,but also being a furriner he does'nt have to live with them.
Thanks for the info bloke's.

The brutes are about deaf and blind as you can walk right up on them, but once they smell you after you've snuk up on'em, watch out. Like alinwa said, they'll jump and be up around your head. Ask me how I know this.:D

How did you know that Yote?:)

Concho Bill

Back