Nosler brass

G

Greg Fowl

Any clues who makes it?(Seems to be a big secret) Anyone who has tried it have a comment. Thanks so much. Greg

tried it, wasn't impressed, not worth the $ IMHO ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and believe me I smile when I pay for Lapua Brass because it's worth it!!!!!!!

the wind is my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DD

greg I sent you a PM

the wind is my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,

DD

tried it, wasn't impressed, not worth the $ IMHO ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and believe me I smile when I pay for Lapua Brass because it's worth it!!!!!!!

the wind is my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DD

I've had the exact opposite. .280Ackley and .260Rem brass and it was all good from what I see. Do not know who makes it tho, I wondered myself

I have read

that it is either Federal or Norma. My bet would be Norma but it seems no one knows for sure.

I have tried the 260 and 300. The 260 was defective and they didn't care, lost me as a long time customer- I will NEVER buy another Nosler product again. Don't waste your money on it. I just wish somebody made 260 brass.

Use both Nosler and Lapua in 223Rem; both good. Only difference I noticed is when priming using a Hornady hand primer. The Nosler appear to require a little more pressure to seat the primer.
In .243Win I used Norma then bought Lapua and there was a difference, on the good side, in the group size.
The post above that says Nosler is made by Norma sort of puts the .243Win scenario in doubt!

Nosler Brass

I bought some Nosler brass last fall at a premium price from MidwayUSA. The QC was very poor. Neck concentricity and length was all over the place. I called Nosler and they admitted they had a problem and were working on it. But they refused to take the product back, replace it, or give me my money back. They said contact MidwayUSA where I bought it. I contacted MidwayUSA and they basically said I was SOL. There have been post here on BRC, 6mmBR, Snipers Hide, and LongRange Hunting about the "bad nosler brass". I'll never buy any more and my customers will be warned to use another manufactures brass.

Nat Lambeth

Why not email/call Nosler and ask them who makes the particular caliber(s) you may want. If they consider it a top secret tell them you will be using xxx brand(whatever you may have decided on for 2nd choice)!!

Thanks for your replies. Bought 50 Thur. because wait time is too long(May/Jun). Afraid it'll get worse. Been to 2 guns shows and several dealers(in last 3 wks) and can't find .380 auto for my personal cp's. What a mess we're in. V/R Greg

Good advice

You got good advice here and chose to disregard it. Nat had the same experience as me- both in the quality of the brass and in the arrogance of Nosler. Like I said, I will never buy another Nosler product again- not even a bullet and I have $1500 worth of Accubonds and Partitions on the shelf now. I was probably and better than average customer and am telling anyone who asked what I think. Never had this problem with Sierra, Hornady, Lapua, Norma, Berger or any of the bullet companies.

Have tried the .300 RUM brass from Nosler with very good results.Far superior to the crap Remington puts out. Hope I never have to return it though :D

Seems like a BIG customer service problem at Nosler.......

It is my understanding that Nosler brass is made by 2 or MORE companies. I suppose that it is a crap shoot on what you get and by who made it. I don't know who makes the 260 brass but it has problems.

You got good advice here and chose to disregard it. Nat had the same experience as me- both in the quality of the brass and in the arrogance of Nosler. Like I said, I will never buy another Nosler product again- not even a bullet and I have $1500 worth of Accubonds and Partitions on the shelf now. I was probably and better than average customer and am telling anyone who asked what I think. Never had this problem with Sierra, Hornady, Lapua, Norma, Berger or any of the bullet companies.

Nosler must have really done you wrong, but Mr Fowl got good advice from more than just you, I have had good experience with their brass and so have others, at least they build brass for cases that others do not. And to date, the brass that I have is good brass, perfect? no, but none of it is perfect. I just purchased 200 rounds of Lapua in 6.5x284, it is the poorest brass that I have bought in a long time, flash holes off center, and burrs, length of the necks all over the place and out of square, and some of the cases were champfered and some not, some deeply champfered some lightly.

I would send it back then!

Anyone can get lucky and get some good brass from anybody, but why would you chance it when you know that no matter how bad the problem, they will not stand behind it? That is my main issue.

If I bought a box of bad Lapua brass from my supplier, I am confident that he would take it back and make it right. ALL my Lapua brass has been outstanding- it is disappointing to hear that about the 6.5-284. On the other hand, all 3 boxes of Nosler brass that I have purchased have been a huge disappointment.

Nosler Brass

I was at the Nosler Custom Shop about four years ago when they were starting up this program, one day at lunch time the employees were very excited when a few boxes arrived. I obtained some .308 brass at that time from John and Kyle who were working in the front end at that time and the are nothing more than sorted and weighed Federal brass. They do some flash hole and trimming and thats about it. There may be another manufacture also but I do not know for sure......... Ochoco Barbaros

Back