No lead brushless lead remover

j3x44

No lead brushless lead remover( By maker of Wipe-out bore cleaner).

Has anyone tryed this product; and if so how well did it work.

Last edited:
the best process for lead bullets is to not lead the gun to begin with...then one does not need a lead removal product.
1)a lube that makes it to the end of the bbl
2)dia to fit the gun( aprox .001 over bbl throat dia/slighly under cyl throat dia and if the muzzle is larger you are fighting an up hill battle).
3)hard enough for the velocity you are shooting.
i shoot a 44 mag in a match once a month , aprox 65 rounds of 300 gr bullets..and have no leading...i clean the cylinder and run a wet patch thru the bore...done.
mike in co

the best process for lead bullets is to not lead the gun to begin with...then one does not need a lead removal product.
1)a lube that makes it to the end of the bbl
2)dia to fit the gun( aprox .001 over bbl throat dia/slighly under cyl throat dia and if the muzzle is larger you are fighting an up hill battle).
3)hard enough for the velocity you are shooting.
i shoot a 44 mag in a match once a month , aprox 65 rounds of 300 gr bullets..and have no leading...i clean the cylinder and run a wet patch thru the bore...done.
mike in co

Mike, I mostly agree with you, but there is also a problem with bullets that are too hard. Some low velocity applications (.38 Spl, .45 ACP, and standard velocity .45 Colt loads) using some commercial "hardcast" bullets leaves a lot of lead in the barrel. The bullet has to be soft enough to upset to fill the grooves or powder gasses will blow by the bullet and solder the lead to the bore. Poor quality or insufficient lube is also a problem. Some lubes used on commercially cast bullets seem to be little more than colored paraffin wax, and pretty well useless.

I don't cast bullets, figuring that I have enough problems with getting jacketed bullets to work the way I'd like to add another problem to my list.

larry,
my "hard enough" statement is just that....not much harder than needed.....
alloy and hardening affect this. i shoot almost pure lead in a 45acp at 800 fps.
i shoot very hard( water dropped wheel weights with a bit of tin) in my 44 mag.
all my bullets are sized for the gun...one seldom gets this option with commercial cast bullets.
different lubes for different applications...and i agree with the fact that most commercial lubes suck.
it is a requirement of thier envioroment...lube is machine applied and then must survive shipping.
i dont shoot commercial cast bullets.
anyone wanting more info should do a google search on "cast boolits"
mike in co

Pure mercury, put a lead bullet in it, and watch it disapear.

Take a look at the Shooter's Choice line of products, they have a lead remove that works quite well.
DanO

Pure mercury, put a lead bullet in it, and watch it disapear.

I worked with a guy that is a well known black powder shooter, and he told me that story about 20 years ago. I thought he was nuts! But guess maybe he wasn't all that nuts.
gary

if not nuts then, he maybe now......
bad for the nervious system...controlled chemical
but yes it does work
mike in co

I worked with a guy that is a well known black powder shooter, and he told me that story about 20 years ago. I thought he was nuts! But guess maybe he wasn't all that nuts.
gary

if not nuts then, he maybe now......
bad for the nervious system...controlled chemical
but yes it does work
mike in co

I doubt that, as the last time I heard he held eight world records with black powder.
gary

Back