Nikon or Weaver?

M

mmyers

What do you guys think is a better scope, a nikon buckmaster or weaver grand slam? It would be used for shooting varmints on a 223.

The Nikon is superior. Plus SF and a MD reticle is available.

I have both, tracking and holding POI is better on the Weaver Grandslam. Optics are better on the Nikon buckmaster.
I know you didnt mention it, but in the same price range a Bushnell Elite tracks as well as a Weaver and has better optics than the Nikon. That rainguard really works well also.

Just my opinion on my scopes, others may disagree.

The optics on the Grand Slam I owned were excellent - it was a target dot and the dot for me was way too small so I returned it. If I were looking for a duplex scope I would not hesitate to buy one again.

The scope I ordered recently for use on my 700 varmint rifle in .223 was the Bushnell Elite 4200 6X-24X target dot. Was $399 at Bear Basin. Should be here in a few days.

The Nikon has more verticle & horizontal adjustment than Weaver. I have both and as was stated, the Weaver is a litlle sharper, although not by much, but the knob adjustment and setting is not the best. Nikon comes with two set of knobs (target & hunting) and has 50 MOA (minute of angle) where the Weaver only has (I believe)36 MOA.

Good Luck & Good Shooting,
Gary

I Have Both

I have a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18 SF and a Weaver T-36. Optics go to Nikon by a small margin. So far I am pretty happy with the Weaver, but I'm still leary of their CS. I wish Nikon would hurry up and get the 8-32X out on the market.

Opttics Planet is having a sale on the Weaver Grand Slams FWIW.

Back