Nightforce Recticle Question

btc624

I just purchased a sako trg22 (308) rifle. I am now faced with a tough decision between these to recticles from nightforce. The NPr1 or the ch3. Can anyone give me an idea as to how much the crosshair of the npr1 or the dot covers at say 100yds? Most of my shooting will be from 500 yds and closer and the npr1 would really shine as far as shooting long range but at only 500yds I figure i could dial the dope in as I will use a rangefinder. Coverage is my main concern, I guess i'm spoiled with the leupold target dot on my anschutz 54:18. Help me decide guys I know someone's had to have had one.

The dot on the CH3 is really tiny. You can barely tell it's illuminated during daylight shooting. I love the scope, but whatever the illuminated reticle adds to the cost of the scope is sort of lost on the CH3. Just my .02

I have a TRG 42 and chose the NP-R2. I labored over it quite a bit but the R1 was just too busy for my eyes. I am very happy with my choice. I have shot it from 100 to 1780 yards and will put the same on my next rifle.

Also just my .02 cents.

Two reasons I bought a Nightforce: NP-R2..... well can't remember the second one, must've been the name, it's all about the force!

The CH-3 is a great choice....It is a little small(at 1000 yards on 42X you can place in the middle of the X on the x range, and still see the whole X), but I've never had problems seeing it in any condition other than right at dusk....then when you light the Dot(its the only scope in the line that lights up only the dot), its very easy to see! I've found that the breaks in the cross hairs around the dot really help you bracket the F-Class target when the mirage is running hard..I'm fixing to buy another one...

Good luck..

Back