News Flash: RAW Merges with AirForce

I hope this merger doesn't degrade the quality of R.A.W. products

I'm a big R.A.W. fan... my favorite rifle for benchrest competition. Owning both Thomas and RAW rifles as well as Air Arms rifles for benchrest competition RAW products have always produced my best scores. I prefer the trigger, the look and feel of a quality wood stock and the ergonomics of RAW rifles.

My concern is that the quality will remain as good as it is today.

I don't see any Air Force rifles listed in the results of Field Target and benchrest matches... not knocking the quality of Air Force products, they are minute of squirrel products by design, a task they were designed for at power levels beyond 20 fpe and made in the USA.

Mike Aber

I'm a big R.A.W. fan... my favorite rifle for benchrest competition. Owning both Thomas and RAW rifles as well as Air Arms rifles for benchrest competition RAW products have always produced my best scores. I prefer the trigger, the look and feel of a quality wood stock and the ergonomics of RAW rifles.

My concern is that the quality will remain as good as it is today.

I don't see any Air Force rifles listed in the results of Field Target and benchrest matches... not knocking the quality of Air Force products, they are minute of squirrel products by design, a task they were designed for at power levels beyond 20 fpe and made in the USA.

Mike Aber

There was a fellow that used to post occasionally on the TalonAirguns forum that was winning matches with a dolled-up Condor SS (IIRC), so they can be made to shoot.

GsT

Gene
i seem to remember a chap that was building a benchrest stock for the Airforce guns
is this the same person you are thinking of ?
i did not keep up to date on him, and what kind of matches was he shooting in ?
There was a fellow that used to post occasionally on the TalonAirguns forum that was winning matches with a dolled-up Condor SS (IIRC), so they can be made to shoot.GsT

Gene
i seem to remember a chap that was building a benchrest stock for the Airforce guns
is this the same person you are thinking of ?
i did not keep up to date on him, and what kind of matches was he shooting in ?

He runs / ran a Mad dog benchrest stock, but is not the stock maker. I took a peek just now and couldn't quickly find out what matches he was shooting. If you want to dig, his handle is Salticon.

GsT

Salticon

Gene and Dick,

Ken Hicks (Salticon) interfaces closely with Martin and RAW, often testing new products, tuning products for RAW customers, and of course, competing at a high level (won the EBR 25 meter competition this year) with RAW bench rest products.

You can find him easily on AGN forum. I'm sure he'd be happy to talk about RAW products with anyone who gets in touch with him. Have shot with him a couple of times at the regionals and nationals last year. Great guy and very knowledgeable about air rifles.

Chas

Back