New to Rimfire BR

mark4470

Hello,

I'm new to BR with a scope. I have done a fair amount of iron sight BR. Been looking at scopes some. What makes the Night force BR scope that much better than the weaver t-36? I know there is a huge price difference, just wondering if they are truly worth the extra $$$? I will send off my check tomorrow to pay for my custom built 40X.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark: The NF competition scopes are superb. Are they better than a Weaver T36? Only you can answer that question for yourself. Your decision may be influenced by the hit to your wallet. Or perhaps you just want to have the very best optics you can buy. The Weaver is an excellent scope for its price point. So is the NF.

I'll tell you a quick story. The first long match of about 12 cards I shot with the NF was an eye opener. My previous scope on that rifle was a Leupold Competition. With it I would have to rest my eyes three or four times per card. With the NF I went the entire multi-card match and never felt the need to even once rest my eyes. I never looked back after that weekend. Have the NF's increased my scores? I cannot say they have. They have made my shooting much more comfortable and thus more enjoyable.

One other comment. A Weaver T36 is easy to sell on the used market. So is the NF but there will be less buyers with a big enough wallet to go for it. What I'm saying is if you make the wrong decision for you it is not the end of the world. Go with your gut and what you are willing to spend and enjoy the game. bob

Check out the Sightron 36X scopes. I have 2 of them and love them. They have great adjustments (which is very important) and IMO better optics than the Weaver. I prefer them to the Leupolds (one SII and one Big Sky) I have used and greatly prefer them to the Weaver. Never had a problem with them.

I have a NF Comp 12-42 and yes it is a brilliant scope, I also have a Lynx 36 X which is very very good, in saying that the Weaver T36 is also good at a very good price especially in the USA, The Sightrons & Lynx are probably the best value for money/quality balance.

Back