New to Forum...Mauser 22LR Stock Question

wjwillia

Hello All,
I am new to the forum. I hope this post is appropriate for this group. I have come across an older Mauser 22lr single shot bolt action benchrest rifle. I've done a little research on it and it appears to be a Model ES340B (feel free to correct me if I am wrong). The barreled action came with a Winchester Model 52 stock for which it has been partially fitted. Does anyone out there make a benchrest stock for this action? Thanks guys

IMG_9936.jpgIMG_9946.jpg

I think what blades meant by "not specifically" was, no matter who made the stock you choose, or have, it will require fitting the same as all actions do. From the pictures I think your biggest challenge will be getting that trigger down light enough if you're looking to be competitive.
Dave

Thanks guys...Dave I agree about the trigger...it is pretty good, but no where near light or crisp enough for competition, even though I don't plan on competing with it...just gonna be a project to play around with

Any info on this Mauser action?

Can anyone tell me anything about this Mauser action? When it might have been made, is it an accurate start for beginning 22 benchrest? I don't know anything about Mauser actions. Thanks

Several years ago, I did a stock for the exact same action for my brother. I remember sending it to a stock maker out in Iowa (pretty sure it was Bishop's) so they could make a pattern for future customers. Since that time time, I think they have been absorbed by various companies and have finally ended up over at MidwayUSA. Who knows, maybe that pattern still exists out there.

If I remember right, the action would require a fair amount of tuning to shoot BR, but it was beautifully made.

Thanks for the info hoekster...I will check that out also..this action was put together by a local BR shooter about 40yrs ago...he tuned the action and the trigger...now I am new to this 22benchrest thing, but I am hoping it is going to be a shooter...tks again

Back