New to F class, new rifle

S

Sniperdude

I've spent the last 2 years building a highly modified rem 700 in 308 into a long range shooter (please no comments on my chamber selection;). I'm breaking in the Shilen barrel and want to know if using my comp round (180g SMK, 43g imr4895) is good for the break in. I plan on swith in to varget after the break in. The bore has been blued. What say you?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've spent the last 2 years building a highly modified rem 700 in 308 into a long range shooter (please no comments on my chamber selection;). I'm breaking in the Shilen barrel and want to know if using my comp round (180g SMK, 43g imr4895) is good for the break in. I plan on swith in to varget after the break in. The bore has been blued. What say you?

yes

New Kid

I am new to Benchrest and F class. What are the minimum equipment requirements to shoot (and have fun improving) in these type of matches? I currently have accurate factory rifles in .22LR, .223 Remington, and 6.5 Creedmoor calibers. It is unlikely that I will throw a lot of money at equipment unless it "generally" improves accuracy.

See you at the range.

All you really need is a front test and rear bag and 80 rounds of ammo. Maybe a shooting mat. Midway has one good as any on sale right now.
That was for your 6.5. For Fopen. Shoot FTR with your 223 with a bipod and rear bag. Just show up and they will help. Have fun.

Back