New rimfire benchrest opportunity in middle Tennessee.

R

RegisG

If anyone is interested in a weekday match, we can have one at Strategic Edge.
Strategic Edge is primarily a long range(1250yds) and handgun range.
But, they've just added more benches and 50 yard target frames for us rimfire folk.
Tony has given me permission to set up a weekday match to see if there is much interest in rimfire benchrest.
To begin, we could temporarily use ARA's targets (because I have a hundred) and scoring.
But, if sufficient people are interested we can choose a match format and organize.
If you are interested in participating, PM me. If you have general questions, post them here and I'll answer as best I can.
Strategic Edge is a beautiful range near Chapel Hill, Tn. Takes me about 55 minutes from Mount Juliet.

Regis

I have a number

Thomas & Barbara Aldridge; 615- 218-0787, Week day matches might be tough to draw a person to , job conflicts

If anyone is interested in a weekday match, we can have one at Strategic Edge.
Strategic Edge is primarily a long range(1250yds) and handgun range.
But, they've just added more benches and 50 yard target frames for us rimfire folk.
Tony has given me permission to set up a weekday match to see if there is much interest in rimfire benchrest.
To begin, we could temporarily use ARA's targets (because I have a hundred) and scoring.
But, if sufficient people are interested we can choose a match format and organize.
If you are interested in participating, PM me. If you have general questions, post them here and I'll answer as best I can.
Strategic Edge is a beautiful range near Chapel Hill, Tn. Takes me about 55 minutes from Mount Juliet.

Regis

The more, the merrier! I know that they hold UBR centerfire benchrest matches there, and that they had the ability to shoot 1250 yards, but are they holding any registered long range matches there too?

The more, the merrier! I know that they hold UBR centerfire benchrest matches there, and that they had the ability to shoot 1250 yards, but are they holding any registered long range matches there too?

I know there are long range matches. You can check the calendar here http://www.strategicedge.us/home. And am pretty sure that you need not be a member for those.

Regis

Thomas & Barbara Aldridge; 615- 218-0787, Week day matches might be tough to draw a person to , job conflicts

Yep, I know that it will be a bit tough to get enough together. But, it's the only chance until we find out how much interest there is locally. Would be a good place for beginners if we did draw enough to move into a weekend slot.

Regis

Middle TN Rimfire BR

Regis,
Are you making any progress with scheduling either weekday or weekends? I am certainly interested!

Jerry
Lascassas, TN

Jerry,
It is moving slowly. 1st rimfire match (Mar 19th) will have 2 parts; tactical and benchrest. Then I'll be able to find out the level of interest. If there is enough interest at that match & online for benchrest, we will be able to set up match on Saturdays. The caveat will be sharing the range and working with the 30 min timer. There are now enough covered benches that we can have 5-10 benches and still be well enough away from any centerfire shooters.

Thanks for asking,
Regis

Regis,
Are you making any progress with scheduling either weekday or weekends? I am certainly interested!

Jerry
Lascassas, TN

30min?

All Unlimited ARA- & IR50/50 are 20min per card only 3 Gun 50/50 is 30Min. I seen Tom& Barbara with William @ The Barn this past weekend ,they did not mention your match .

Last edited:
All Unlimited ARA- & IR50/50 are 20min per card only 3 Gun 50/50 is 30Min. I seen Tom& Barbara with William @ The Barn this past weekend ,they did not mention your match .

Running a 20min clock in a 30min shooting window does not seem to be a problem. I talked to Tom last week (warned him about air movement in the barn) and let him know that I would keep him informed when I know dates/times. This first match is not formal and is a way to find out if club members show interest. If there is interest in the club for benchrest, then we will be able to get sanctioned and run normal Saturday matches. If I must try to build a match by attracting only people from outside, then, it would be difficult. I only know of 5 rimfire benchrest shooters in this area. Hopefully there are more and some interested in starting.
Tks,
Regis

Regis,

We run a Wed. am club league shooting one or two 50/50 targets. At one point we were averaging 15-17 shooters every Wed. mostly retired guys. I started an RBA unlimited match one Wed. a month. Those matches averaged 7-8 shooters. Seems a lot of club shooters were not interested in sanctioned matches or maybe intimidated by them. Good luck with your efforts.

Tango...if you don't mind my asking...what was the difference in the cost of the registered vs non-registered matches? The cost to the competitor....?

Hi Wilbur,

That was several years ago but as I remember we were shooting two 50/50 targets for the club league at $2.00 each or $4.00 total. We charged $10.00 for the three RBA targets. I don't believe it was a cost thing. The common excuse for not shooting was that it takes too long to shoot a whole registered match. This from guys who hung around to BS after the club matches anyway. I think it was the intimidation factor that sanctioned matches seem to have for some. Bottom line is that it didn't help our 50/50 matches on Sat. either.

Ken Henderson

Back