New rifle build

J

jaybic

Hello all,

I am shopping for advice again as I start aquiring parts for a new rifle. My old Savage 16 weather warrior doesnt shoot like it used to after a few thousand 55 NBTs being pushed by Superformance running wide open and according to the gunsmith, it has major throat erosion.

I am thinking about trying one if the PT and G Extreme 700 actions that is already all trued up so its all ready to go rather than hunt down a used lefty 700 to use as a donor action and then pay to have it done and still not have all the PT and G mods. My last rifle was based on a Stiller Predator and after quite a fist fight with it, it turned out awesome but I dont need to go to quite that extreme for a light-weight, carry-around coyote calling rifle. I am thinking another 22-250 or maybe ai and already have a number 3 contour, 12 twist Brux 26in tube on the way to be finished at 24 inches. This is my calm day, light weight, pencil barrel, 0 to 400 yard gun and I want to push either a 53gr Vmax or 50-55 nbt bullet as fast and flat as I can get it going, keeping accuracy in mind.

Have any of you built on or had any experience with these actions? I am sure, given what I read about PT and G that the quality is there but its always nice to hear it from some one that has actually used one of them. If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Thanks an have a great day,

Jamie

Thanks for the reply...I will check it out!

Have a great day!

Jamie

Back