New Nikon 4-16 x 50 Monarch

W

westy

I've seen where Nikon is supposedly coming out with a New Monarch 4-16 x 50, similar to the 4-16 x 42 & not the tacticle version. I am very interested in this scope but, I can't find any information on it out there in web space. Does anyone know where there is any information available? I'd like to compare the new 50 to the 42 model prior to purchasing one or the other!!!

thanks

Do you have

So sounds like you have the 4x16x42 model ? I just bought that modle off e-bay. How do you like yours? How good is the glass?

Not yet...

Actually... no. That's why I was asking about the quality of the optics. In researching the 4-16 x 42, I discovered that Nikon was supposed to be coming out with a 50mm objective lense version. Looking for realistic non-judgemental evaluations.

Also, any comparisons to the Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16 x 40 would be appreciated.

thanks

Bushnell 4x16x40MM

Oh I have one of those. Its great nice glass. At 100 yards I can see the blades of grass just as well as looking through a Swarvoski ( It was amazing) I bought this Nikon on e-bay. But the bugger who owns it won't communicate as to if he has shipped it yet or not.

My thoughts,
I own a new monarch 4x16x42SF. I have used it several times out to 600 yards. Initial impressions. The glass is clear and very bright, clear image from the center of the scope almost to the edge, the adjustments are great, very repeatable, the SF works great, locks at your settings, I like the size and weight and learning to like the BDC reticle in it. Head position above 10x is CRITICAL or it will "grey out". Eye relief is very good as claimed around 4 inches.

Compared to my Bushnell 4200, both set at 16x in very informal comparisons: The 4200 will focus sharper and is just a touch brighter. With that said, I have shot them side by side until to dark to see..no problems for me.

In reality to me, they are both very good scopes for the price range. I would buy either one again, would only depend on the model meeting my requirements.
I just purchased a Nikon Buckmaster instead of either of the above mentioned models b/c it had all the features I wanted....go figure!

My disappointment with Nikon....they include the target turrents and sunshades in the box with the 6x24's and NOT with the 4x16! I have contacted Nikon and have been told "in the spring" the turrents will be available....Oh well.
Eric

Thanks for the responses !

MTETM - just what I was looking for. Agree with the turrets & sunshade. Oh well, we are stuck in a constant evolution... could be worse !!

Back