New Member with questions

cdiver

Hi all new to the board, found it with doing some research on a upcoming new gun (to me).
When I was a teen a long long time ago I was a member of a .22 rifle club in England and had a BSA MK III. Now in my sixty's I have the yearning to start again.
I am near the end of a long proses of importing another MkIII, now my eyes are not what they used to be so I will need a scope, hence the questions. I have been told the gun has blocks for a scope what kind I have no idea until the gun finally arrives.
Can anyone suggest places to get different blocks if needed. Scope no idea what to get, I will be shooting 25,50 and 100 yds. I am thinking somewhere in the region of 4x20x?, fine or duplex crosshairs, do I need parallax I have no idea on this. Price I was thinking in the $300 range but could wait a little longer and perhaps push it to $500.
All suggestions welcome and thanks in advance.

Found this online Sightron SII Riflescope - Target Scope, 4-16x42mm Plex Reticle. Would this be adequate for the ranges I want to cover?
Dave

Last edited:
you need a 36x power fixes or minimum 8 to 25 variable

contact a rimfire Benchrest club in your area for more info

Jefferson

Scope for BSA

you need a 36x power fixes or minimum 8 to 25 variable

contact a rimfire Benchrest club in your area for more info

Jefferson

Typically the scope blocks on BSA's are on the barrel with a spacing of 7.25 inches. They are designed for use with unertl type scopes, which are now hard to find as well as expensive. The Redfield 3200 model is a goog alternative. In my opinion, 20 power magnification is ideal. I'll try to add a picture of my set up on my BSA Mark V.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 265
If you have any ideas about shooting competition, please find the time to go to a sanctioned benchrest match and just look around. This trip, while somewhat expensive, could be the best money you ever spent. If you already know, just disregard this post as well intended.

Thank you

Typically the scope blocks on BSA's are on the barrel with a spacing of 7.25 inches. They are designed for use with unertl type scopes, which are now hard to find as well as expensive. The Redfield 3200 model is a goog alternative. In my opinion, 20 power magnification is ideal. I'll try to add a picture of my set up on my BSA Mark V.

At this moment the rifle is in London and will be shipped Sunday so I have not seen it yet. From the photographs the scope blocks seem to be, one on the action block and one on the barrel if so I hope this will give me more choice on the scope.
What prompted the question was focuse range of scopes I have not used a scope before. I intend to shoot 25,50 and 100 yds. A very nice rifle you have there.

If you have any ideas about shooting competition, please find the time to go to a sanctioned benchrest match and just look around. This trip, while somewhat expensive, could be the best money you ever spent. If you already know, just disregard this post as well intended.

Thanks Wilbur I don't think I will be doing competition a little to expensive for me and I am my own worst competer, never satisfied with how I shoot.

Back