New Leupold

James M.

I just received a new Leupold VX-6 7X-42X, 56mm scope for testing. So far I am very impressed with this offering. Mine has a MOA reticle and a type of "zero stop". James
2e0v80h.jpg

Since the scope is so new, I don't know the "street price", but suggested retail from Leupold is $2499. James
il9cw6.jpg

Last edited:
I hate buying scopes!! I hate it, hate it, hate it!!! Gotta do it though!! Leupold scopes have always been good scopes for me. I sure would like to have a new NF though. Lee

James I just got mine last week, got to test it out this past weekend, and its a keeper! Wish it was a little cheaper I'd have two. But I switched it from my L.G. to my H.g. the clicks were right on the money, I purposely moved it three targets to the right and three to the left, then back to the clay bird I was shooting at on the bank and no problem the bird was gone. The parallax was great, the only thing I found was when I went all the way back to infinity the reticle moved to the left slightly. Don't know if this is a problem but it seemed to perform well. For those of you interested it has 55 MOA.Elevation And 45 MOA windage, it weighs 26.3 ounces Eye relief is 4.2-3.8, the elevation is 1/8 moa but the windage is 1/4 moa. and a 34mm tube. Next week I'm taking off for the World Open on Wednesday so I will be testing some more.

Joe Salt

Joe, I shot the square with the scope mounted on my .30 BR and I shot a 3-shot group at 42X (2-shots) and at 18X (1 shot). The scope tracked very well as can be seen in the picture below.
6hoz7n.jpg

Last edited:
When you shoot the square clockwise, repeat it counter clockwise. You might be surprised.

James I just played with the windage left and right, but I'll try what Jerry said and go clockwise then counter clockwise might learn something. All but the price it is a nice scope!

Joe Salt

Tom, Other brands did the same for the F class people the wind is more important….. i guess……. jim

Tom God bless you for having a range that you don't have to worry about big let ups like we do! Our whole season so far has been nothing but WIND. As you can see by or agg's but my buddy Eddy K. has been shooting great, don't know if he plans on giving you guys a visit out there or what. I know after the World Open he is going to see Pat C. out there. But anyhow this scope other than the price is great, and I love the little hash marks in the center, they fit the patch real nice.

Joe Salt

I have had several people contact me and ask for more information and recommendations. Although I appreciate the interest in this new scope, I am not ready for any further recommendations at this time. I will be using the scope in the LA State VFS Championship on July 27th and the UBR Nationals on August 30th & 31st. I do have enough faith in it to use it there, but competition is what the scope was made for and competition will tell the final story. Good shooting...James

James

I have had several people contact me and ask for more information and recommendations. Although I appreciate the interest in this new scope, I am not ready for any further recommendations at this time. I will be using the scope in the LA State VFS Championship on July 27th and the UBR Nationals on August 30th & 31st. I do have enough faith in it to use it there, but competition is what the scope was made for and competition will tell the final story. Good shooting...James

Would really be interested in a report at the end of the season regarding its ability to hold POI. I hope they have improved the internals vs. the competition scope. Greg

with the greates of respect for James and others the ONLY thing that matters is the

SPECIFICATIONS relating to point of aim-impact movement, LEOPOLD in the past (2005 - 2010) specs were if the competition scope moved less than .030 it was sent back within specs (5 shot groups at 100 yards) and the goal engineering wise was to hold the product to about .020 to .030 thou and .045 was not uncommon for the scopes after a while)

unless a credible source from Leopold with the backing up opf documents would like to verify the new specs I would not buy one ever, it would be interesting to see the march specs (I already know they are great and much better) and the new weaver specs, but coporately they will not give you the answers,

friends and those in high places gave me the information in detail years ago but i do not have it anymore, and i would not release it here anyway as they would sue my collective butt hairs off,

flame on but that is the truth and what the REAL QUESTION AND ANSWERS NEED TO BE DIRECTED TO,

as James or any other man woman or child cannot tell nothing in a block test or a reverse block test or at a match,

I am not trying to be disrespectfull but why do some top name shooters SELL SCOPES AFTER ABOUT 4000 rounds through them , parts wear out and there is a LIFE EXPECTANCY FOR ALL SCOPES and the new Leopold is no different,

and if you do not like my answer please do not turn my knobs at the nationals to make your point, just get the real specs and see for yourself,

with respect to James and others

Jefferson (one of the designers of the JTR stocks and other benchrest improvements)

Jefferson Maybe I'm not one to be testing this scope for Leupold then I've had them on a lot of my 1000 yard guns and can't say that I've had a bad one that I had to send back for repair, If I had a shot go out I never blamed the scope first I would think something I did. But if I keep getting the same thing I have changed scopes to change that part of the equation. And some of my scope have been on some real shoulder rockers like a 308 Baer with 240 grain Sierra's with no brake. So they got a little rock and roll. I have enough confidence in the scope from what I've seen so far that I will be using the new scope to shoot the World Open this weekend, and I will be switching it from my L.G. to my H.G. both days. And that mean there will be a lot of clicking up and down from one to the other. I'll keep you guys informed if I like it or not.

Joe Salt

Jeffy

with the greates of respect for James and others the ONLY thing that matters is the

SPECIFICATIONS relating to point of aim-impact movement, LEOPOLD in the past (2005 - 2010) specs were if the competition scope moved less than .030 it was sent back within specs (5 shot groups at 100 yards) and the goal engineering wise was to hold the product to about .020 to .030 thou and .045 was not uncommon for the scopes after a while)

unless a credible source from Leopold with the backing up opf documents would like to verify the new specs I would not buy one ever, it would be interesting to see the march specs (I already know they are great and much better) and the new weaver specs, but coporately they will not give you the answers,

friends and those in high places gave me the information in detail years ago but i do not have it anymore, and i would not release it here anyway as they would sue my collective butt hairs off,

flame on but that is the truth and what the REAL QUESTION AND ANSWERS NEED TO BE DIRECTED TO,

as James or any other man woman or child cannot tell nothing in a block test or a reverse block test or at a match,

I am not trying to be disrespectfull but why do some top name shooters SELL SCOPES AFTER ABOUT 4000 rounds through them , parts wear out and there is a LIFE EXPECTANCY FOR ALL SCOPES and the new Leopold is no different,

and if you do not like my answer please do not turn my knobs at the nationals to make your point, just get the real specs and see for yourself,

with respect to James and others

Jefferson (one of the designers of the JTR stocks and other benchrest improvements)

You mean to say that is why you sold me that Used Sightron..... It was a dud?????

No wonder I have not shot well with it. I want a refund......

LMAO

Back