New Lapua ammo cost, grab your knees

J

Jerry Luck

:D:D The new Lapua super ammo is GREAT, so is the cost a little more than $.50 cents a round, normal cost to shoot a 25 bull card about $18.00. This stuff is going to be the same from now on, if your gun likes it, great, if not the next lot is going to be the same, so you get to tune your gun to the ammo, new barrell, new tgigger, new beding, and so on, but the good ammo will be all the same, no more digging for a great lot number, and it only cost just a little bit more. This is not for the cheap guys, so step up, get a second on your house and buy a case or 5. Hey red tennis shoes 5 cases is only $13,000 to $14,000, give me a call I will hold a second on your house for only 8.5%. Now I don't know for sure but I was told that with a case of the good stuff you get a tube of KY jelly,a new bolt lub. This stuff shots so good in my gun OLD PITTIFUL that I am going to get 5 case deal you save .000062573% on five cases, good shooting, and have a large day. Sweet o'le Loveable Jerr.:D:D

Jerry,
I'm old and skeptical. I still got to see the stuff perform yet. If it shoots like the commercial, I'll probably have to try myself after folks start winning on a reguar basis. For the past 8 years the claim has always been the same, "this batch is the best ever" and Lapua's back! So far I've yet to see it, but their ammo has improved in the past two years, on a few selected lots.
This time, I hope they've made the great stuff they've been promoting for years. If it's good, I'll buy some and try it out.
We need more options to choose from. I gotta say, if it's better than the Eley I tested last week, it must be something, and the Eley was black box stuff and Club:D Eley's making some gooood ammo.

Last edited:
Bohica!

A good friend and one of the original owners of the company I work for, also farms and is a Farm Broadcaster named Derry Brownfield.

He had a personal license plate on his vehicle that said BOHICA.

He always loved it when people would ask what it meant

Bend Over, Here It Comes Again!

Seems appropriate here.

Charlie

I never knew what Lapua meant in Finnish until now.
We learn something new everyday.

Bohica

Charlie
Boy you got that right!! Unfortunatley there will be some that buy into this "priced to the point of stupidity ammo" race.People seem to be having a problem realizing that as long as you indicate that the price is not too high [buy the grossly over priced ammo] then it will continue to go up! Makes me wonder if the stinking Arabs own Eley and Lapua also?:mad:
Colt.45

Federal

Maybe with the price of rimfire ammunition skyrocketing Federal will think about coming out with a high end rimfire cartridge again. I sure miss their Ultra Match. At the end of Federals run, CMP was selling the Ultra Match for $600 a case--including shipping. If I knew then what I know now I would have bought a lot more than the one case.

latest ammo price increase

Seems odd that both eley & lapua should take a price increase now.Do you think it could have anything to do with the 2008 olympic games. Makes a man wonder.
JHB

This continued escalating...

...is gonna continue to freeze some shooters out of the game(s). In fact, it may freeze a BUNCH of shooters out of this sport. Too bad...

Federal Ultramatch - Scam at the End

Maybe with the price of rimfire ammunition skyrocketing Federal will think about coming out with a high end rimfire cartridge again. I sure miss their Ultra Match. At the end of Federals run, CMP was selling the Ultra Match for $600 a case--including shipping. If I knew then what I know now I would have bought a lot more than the one case.

You might have regretted that move.

At the end, Federal just wanted to get rid of all of the Ultramatch inventory, so they combined different odd lots of ammunition into each case. Yes, you could buy a new sealed case of Ultramatch and get 3 or 4 different lot numbers. A friend bought 2 cases and ended up with 7 lot numbers to choose from.

Once word got out, Federal's solution was to print new stickers that they put over the existing lot numbers. When they got burned on that one, they then covered the entire box with a new sticker, but that was also easy to notice due to the excess thickness.

Convenient.

So if you happen to stumble over any UM1 or UM2 at a gun show or on-line, buyer beware and pay attention to the lot numbers and stickers.

I will just compete with what I have and can afford. Even if I could afford the new stuff I would not be buying it. If it catches on and drives more out of the sport, then what good would it be to be shooting against 3 or 4 shooters when it used to be 20-30?

No bohica for me....

This thread is exactly why I asked my question back in October about whether there was any interest in developing an air gun benchrest association. I know I have enough interest so that I sold my #1 Suhl to help finance my new pellet gun.

I will continue on shooting rimfires until I run out of the ammunition I currently have, about a two year supply, then decide whether I want to continue, or switch to becoming an exclusive airgunner.

Hmmmm, let's see now; will I want to continue on by spending $2500.00/case for rimfires, meaning .50¢/shot, or make the switch over and spend $100.00/5000 pellets = .02¢/shot?

I will continue on shooting rimfires until I run out of the ammunition I currently have, about a two year supply, then decide whether I want to continue, or switch to becoming an exclusive airgunner.

Hmmmm, let's see now; will I want to continue on by spending $2500.00/case for rimfires, meaning .50¢/shot, or make the switch over and spend $100.00/5000 pellets = .02¢/shot?

Dave, only retrospectively does your old post make sense. Yes, Lapua is coming out with the new X-ACT ammo soon and well above Tenex in price. Like you I have a few years supply of old ammo and am currently looking at Neil Johnson and Champion's Choice catalog's. You ca get an Anschutz for about $950 or get you a 9003 for $2300+/-. All you need is some pellets and gas. I have enough of the latter to last a lifetime.
Oops' sorry, this is a rimfire board so far.
Bob Pekaar

New Lapua ammo cost,grab your knees

Seems like everything has been on the increase,taxes insurance,food cars,etc. Maybe it time for some American ingenuity,reloading 22 rim fire ammo is it possiible? Come on young bloods think fast,I am getting older and the trigger getting harder.

Reload 22's Oh Yeah!

Neck a 25 ACP down to .22 make a nice little 40 deg shoulder, call it the 22 Wonder Puff, stuff a 40 grain slug in there add a grain of powder and there ya go. hmmmmm :rolleyes: I wonder if Allen can make me a centerfire bolt for my Hall?

Best,

Roger

Roger,
I think Vibe done that wildcatting the .22 Epperson Cricket using a .25 acp case. I think he got close to 1700fps or better out of the little bugger.

Bob,

Before you spend your money contact Allen Zasadny and have a chat with him. You'll end up with a better gun than those you mentioned, and for less money than the 9003. The best part is; after the one-time expense of less than one case of ammo you're set-to-go with the gun, and from then on you can shoot all day for less than the cost of a Big Mac, Coke and Fries.

Dave

So if all this Lapua shoots the same lot to lot, day in and day out, why buy a case at the time? Just a few boxes now and a few boxes later. You don't have to test. Nobody is going to make it obsolete. May be cheaper in the long run.

Back