New internet SEARCH engine debut....

They need to come up with a cooler name than that in order for it to fly.

Cuil is an old Irish word for knowledge. Who cares? How do you pronounce it? How do you tell a friend about it when you can't say it?

Maybe, we could Google :D it to find the pronunciation.

Good luck with that.

How ironic. I think the name needs to be cooler and it is pronounced "cool".

As with everything else these days, I guess, one must think globally instead of nationally.

I wish the new search engine well. :cool:

I just tried the cuil search engine.
I don't think Google has anytihing to worry about.

Heck.... I'll give anything a try once. If we didn't, we wouldn't have Firefox today. :)

Be aware that most of the major search engines, Google is the worst, keep a record of what you search for and where you go from there. They say they do that to "get to know your search preferences better" but remember, "the paranoid survive"!!!

I only trust the Archie, Veronica, and Jughead engines we used in the early days (before Al Gore invented the Internet).

Jerry Sharrett: It was probably easier to track which sites were visited, and by whom, back when we had a fraction of the people on the internet.

I'm too old to worry about a government or some government freak that wants to know where I've been on the internet. When the people get tired of the cameras at intersections, internet tracking, etc. they will put an end to it. Or not and we will have to live with it or go hide in a hole.

I don't like holes much.

Back