new guy here

K

ktval67

hi guys i am a new guy here and have a .22ppc it has a hart barrel and a rem 700 action. i was wondering what the best loads are for it for 100yrd shooting. thank you for your help

Given that "best loads" are rifle specific, the better question would be for the popular powders used in the 22ppc. You'll then need to determine which and how much your rifle prefers. Rifles will give you a straight answer when asked everytime.

If you don't already have some, invest in a couplahundred hand swaged bullets. Go to the site home page and select the "Bullets" category link on the left. Leave the final choice to your rifle as well.

As always, start with a reduced powder charge and increase slowly.

Thank you for your advise. Is there anyone around still shooting .22ppc that can suggest some good powers? I am currently shooting 322 with a Berger 52gr. Thank you t

Thank you for your advise. Is there anyone around still shooting .22ppc that can suggest some good powers? I am currently shooting 322 with a Berger 52gr. Thank you t

T , my Sako 22 PPC likes Vihtavuori 130 best and I have had good groups with Benchmark.

Use the powder you have now. Bergers can shoot good in the lands, at the lands, and up to .150 off the rifling according to Berger. Check out their web site.
It just depends where your barrel likes the seat depth. Switch to another powder if this doesn't work.

Back