New guy from Va.

pdm25150

Hello, new guy from Virginia, just getting in to BR shooting. Unable to do any F/tr anymore due to some injury's and surgery's. So i am jumping feet first in to bench rest. I like not crawling on the ground. Bought a Savage model 12 F class rifle, like the butt stock better than the br model. It is chambered in 6.5x.284 norma, get to learn a new caliber all over again. Probably get a Weaver t 36 to get me through the year, love to have a Night force but this was a last minute deal. Funding is tight and starting with a complete new rig, reloading equipment and component's kinda puts the Night Force out of reach, but i will upgrade next winter. Have a .300 win mag also, will change stock on it and maybe use it also. I am a mechanic by trade, and love shooting and drag racing. I am not a big poster but i do a lot of reading, so there is a lil something about me..........Danny :cool:

Hello, new guy from Virginia, just getting in to BR shooting. Unable to do any F/tr anymore due to some injury's and surgery's. So i am jumping feet first in to bench rest. I like not crawling on the ground. Bought a Savage model 12 F class rifle, like the butt stock better than the br model. It is chambered in 6.5x.284 norma, get to learn a new caliber all over again. Probably get a Weaver t 36 to get me through the year, love to have a Night force but this was a last minute deal. Funding is tight and starting with a complete new rig, reloading equipment and component's kinda puts the Night Force out of reach, but i will upgrade next winter. Have a .300 win mag also, will change stock on it and maybe use it also. I am a mechanic by trade, and love shooting and drag racing. I am not a big poster but i do a lot of reading, so there is a lil something about me..........Danny :cool:
What part of Virginia?

As to the Nightforce, forget about it for a while, stick with the 36X Weaver and put the difference in the action/stock/barrel/bullets where accuracy originates.

Hello, new guy from Virginia, just getting in to BR shooting. I am not a big poster but i do a lot of reading, so there is a lil something about me..........Danny :cool:

Danny,

I am going to sell off my BR rifles and would be willing to get you started with either long or short range BR. If you are close to FairFax VA I can let you shoot and choose one. Send an email if you want.

But you do know that the Rifle is just one peace of equipment you will need.

JR

What part of Virginia?

As to the Nightforce, forget about it for a while, stick with the 36X Weaver and put the difference in the action/stock/barrel/bullets where accuracy originates.

Jerry, I am in N.Va manassas to be exact. I hear what your saying on the Weaver, just wish it was a variable.

Danny,

I am going to sell off my BR rifles and would be willing to get you started with either long or short range BR. If you are close to FairFax VA I can let you shoot and choose one. Send an email if you want.

But you do know that the Rifle is just one peace of equipment you will need.

JR

Jerry, I have a rifle coming but will send an email my buddy may be looking for one. yes i know the rifle is just one piece of the equipment needed. Starting over with a new caliber isn't easy or cheap, but i am piecing it together pretty quick....Danny

Jerry, I have a rifle coming but will send an email my buddy may be looking for one. yes i know the rifle is just one piece of the equipment needed. Starting over with a new caliber isn't easy or cheap, but i am piecing it together pretty quick....Danny

Danny since you are in Manassas - the FairFax Rod and Gun club is hosting a 200yd BR Match on this Sat. There are a lot of good people out there to help you. www.frgc.net/

JR

Back