New coaxial rest-Need help

I've got a couple Farley's, none of yours...... so I'll list things I would like to see changed from the Farley design, maybe get one of yours. I need something that'll handle 40lb and 6" wide though.

Easy takedown/storage and something to carry it in.

Base set up in such a way that it doesn't stick out front too far, needs to fit on the benches without hanging off the front. Front surface parallel to the rest top itself.

HANDLES!!! Ropes or cutouts or whatever so's you can pick the bloody thing up.

Wrenchless adjustments.... this seems a minor detail but at a match...... it would sure be nice sometimes with weather/temp/hum changes. Or mill/drill a slot/hole for the one allen wrench that fits all. Keeps me from duck-taping a wrench to the base, tacky.

al

BTW Butch..... on the subject of the rest fitting on the bench. I think that a lot of BR people don't realize the huge market out there for 600-1000yd guns which are LOOONGG!!!!

I've got a Shehane Big Dawg where the STOCK ALONE is longer than one if my PPC's.....

Looonggg means forend, that the rest sets further away from the shooter. I know hat I talked to one mfgr who said "I don't see the problem??" "We've been building this way for years."

Yeahhhh

PPC's

:)

I could really get into a rest where the baseplate was all under the gun. With holes milled and threaded for attachments like caseholders, deflectors and catchers, cup holders..... a little tray for my timer, maybe a rodholder attachment in case the catfish are biting.... and a swiveling umberella bracket.....

Well OK, maybe now i'm getting carried away

You get the idea'r

al

the swiveling umbrella bracket, hell yea i second that one. who would design a range to shoot almost dead east anyway? o well, at least the wind never blows.
tom

Al and Tom, We are working on it. We priced Kubota RTVs as an option to carry the stuff to the bench with the optional hydraulic lift. That part is only $14,400.
Butch

C'Mon Butch..... now YOU're getting carried away :rolleyes:

You won't need a lift.....

Just put wheels on it! :D

al

Back