New Br guys

L

LASER

Recently, at our local club, we started foolin' around with informal rimfire bench rest shoots. Word spread and some Win52's, Anchutzes' Rem 37's etc came out of the woodwork. Somebody asked about flags! Appears that we gotta get serious about the rules of which we know nothing. We just bought some targets and started shooting. Sorta like we did as kids playing pick up baseball/baskettball/kickball etc. We know nothing of scope restrictions class limitations anything at all for that matter. We don't even know what a good score is or what a good gun/shooter combo can score. We seem to be getting several 250's every match but the x's are far and few. Where can a body find out the skinny on the entire endeavor. The guys at this particular club all like this type of shooting mostly because they are too old to stand and shoot anymore. From what little bits I have garnered, ammo will be the deciding factor to real good scores? Can someone steer us in the right dirrection? Thanks
LASER

Rules ect.....

Laser
Just click on "Benchrest Central Home" then click on any of the icons...ARA..ect. and when you get to that site click on rules.Lots of info there.Tells about rests,targets,scopes,weights ect. Good luck and Welcome.
Colt.45

Bud has a great suggestion. I suggest you start with the rules that rimfire central use for their monthly leauges. It isn't a sanctioned shooting sport, but it's easy enough to understand and everyone has a gun that can compete. When you go to RFC try to find Joe Haller. He will be of great help to you. Once you get people shooting by the local rules, then you can start a sanctioned style match such as IR 50/50 or ARA. Good luck!

If you go with the outlaw rules, you will have everyone shooting in their own class and not against each other. Start with ARA rules and when the equipment race starts, concider some classes.

If your guys don't like the worst edge scoring, you can shoot IR50/50 or RBA unlimited. Rules very similar to ARA.

Ken

Thanks Guys,

I will print out these replys and give them to the rimfire committee.
LASER

Back