Need trigger work on Winchester 52 B

S

sicero

Can someone direct me to a gunsmith for trigger work on Japan mfg 52 B. The trigger is at least similar to some other 52s. I would like the trigger lightened and smoothed up. I would prefer within 100 mile of Dayton Ohio. Thanks Kenny

No response here so I pulled the trigger assembly out and pinned a small block in the assembly with a 4 x 40 set screw to adjust sear engagement. Got the pull down to 1 pound with no slam fires. Adjusted it back to 1 & 1/2 pound for safety sake. Kenny

I can do it but I'm in Iraq

Call an old boss.

Neal Johnson's gunsmithing Inc in Colorado Springs.

www.nealjguns.com

He's forgotten more about 52 Winny's than most of us will ever know.

NesicaChad, Thanks very much for the information and also a big thanks for what you guys are doing for us in Iraq. Kenny

Those triggers are like the 52C and D's with the exception that they had a roll pin installed through the side plate and through a limiting notch in the "pull" screw. You can take out the roll pin and then adjust it down do a pound or pound and a half, depending on the particular rifle or trigger. Kenyon or Hongisto can rework it so it'll go down to a few ounces, either by adding a lever or repositioning a lever, not sure which.

Back