Need Some Help With Components For 7mm Rsaum

R

Russell B

Guys,
I have a Rem modle 7 action that I am thinking of having a barrel chambered for a 7mm rsaum. The barrel should arrive any day. The 7mm barrel was previously ordered.

Has anyone had experience with the availability of dies and brass.

There seems to be 300rsaum brass available.

It seems neither chambering caught on however there seems to be a greater acceptance of the 300rsaum over the 7rsaum. If that is correct, does any one know why?

I am still at the point where I can put this barrel on a different action such as a rem 700 as a different chambering.

If I in fact get the dies and all the brass I need for the 7mmrsaum, what is the down side. I've heard it doesn,t feed well but I don,t regard that as a particular problem. It should kill Tex white tail, hogs, elk.

Your thoughts and experience would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Russell B

I believe RP brass is readily available for the 7saum and Norma or Nosler 300saum brass could be necked down.I turned necks and shot RP 300saum brass before Nosler came out with it and found it was really quite uniform for being factory RP brass.Midway has the redding s-bushing 3 die neck sizer set on sale right now.I dont really see components hard to get for the 7saum,theres probably more being shot than you think.

Thanks for the info.

I have decided to have the barrel chambered in 280AI since I already have dies and Nosler makes good brass for this.

At some later time I may have it rebarreled to a 300rsaum as it seems that chambering has become generally more accepted making brass easier to get.

Russell B

Hey Butch,

The lyman tong tool is working great.

When funds permit, I will change out the factory barrels and will have a 300rsaum that shoots good.

Russell B.

Back