Need set of extractors for a Suhl 150

D

DBlue

I need a set of extractors for a Suhl 150. Does anyone know where I can buy a set...? I really need the one on the ejection port side when the bolt is in the gun...if I can find just one.

If anyone knows where I can find one or a set I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Don Blue

Rfc

Don,
Did a search on RFC & came up with a few places to search. I'm sure you have too but just in case try this guy over there. jdsmenatwork. It was an older post but who knows?
Hope you & James find some & that all is well.
Keith

Don,

The extractors on the surplus Suhl 150-1's, appear to be one of the weak links on an otherwise excellent factory action. I've owned two used Suhl's in the past and both had problems extracting fired rounds, which would often stick in the chamber.

On one of the Suhl's, I was able to correct the angle on the worn extractor using a miniature file set. Both extractors on the second rifle were so badly worn, that I was forced to fabricate two new one's using flat rectangular spring steel that came in a Brownell's assortment. If I recall correctly, I used a Jeweler's saw (borrowed from a neighbor) to cut out the basic shape, a Dremel and miniature files to fabricate the new extractor's. Yes, a tedious task for sure, but when nothing else is available, one makes do. The spring steel was soft enough to cut and file easily before tempering.

Both rifles have since been sold, but the extractors are still functioning. You, being an excellent craftsman, should have no difficulty making a new extractor's, should that become necessary. John

John....I was hoping someone had one they no longer needed and was willing to sell it....you are right about it being tedious work to make one, hopefully I will find one and I don't have to try and make one.

Thanks,
Don

Back