Need a fireform 22ppc -.100 barrel for Panda

trap066

Ron Jackson
I need an old worn out barrel for a Panda action to fireform brass for the 22ppc -.100 cartridge. Anybody got one you don't need?
Thanks,
Ron

I need an old worn out barrel for a Panda action to fireform brass for the 22ppc -.100 cartridge. Anybody got one you don't need?
Thanks,
Ron

OK, I'm gonna' bite......

Are you hoping to find another 22ppc-.100 chamber? If so, the chances it'll work to fireform for YOUR chamber are vanishingly small. Jus' sayin'....

Or are you hoping to run it in a quarter-turn and re-chamber? If so, be aware that that's sometimes really hard on the leading edge of your reamer throat. You might wreck your reamer.

OR, are you hoping to find a barrel, any-old 22 bbl, to re-chamber to match your chamber? IMO you'll be hard-pressed to find a 22 much smaller than the 22ppc-.100 And if so, if you're set up for all that, you don't even really need a 22 barrel. I've built fireform setups from scrap hunks of 1" roundstock. You don't need but a good chamber and a hole, fireform with pistol or shotgun powder, no bullet. And the 1" stock necessitates a barrel nut which gives the added bonus of adjustable headspace. Kinda' cool. If it's a glue-in you'll need to thread on a "barrel" of electrical conduit or something to get the gas out of the stock's barrel channel. Nice thing about that is you can bend the tube towards the neighbor's house for fireforming at midnite....that way it doesn't wake up your own fam'bly.......

Just some thoughts, not tryin' to bug

al

Thanks for the info

Al, this cartridge is new for me so I appreciate the info. I like the idea of making a fireform barrel, got some old 6ppc barrels. I've used pistol powder forming brass before. Sounds like the best way to go.
Thanks

Have whoever chambers your barrel to make a fireform barrel. Theres millions of short 22ppc offerings folks used back then so having the same reamer do both is paramount.

Ron,
I've shot the 22-100 ppc for close to twenty years. PM me if you want and I can help you with the different ways to form brass, chambers, loads, etc. It can be very frustrating and have a long learning curve but it can also be easy.

Kevin

Back