Need 40X help please

Butch Lambert

I'm building a Tin Can shooter. Trying to assemble the rifle now. I need all the bolt release parts. Will all the associated 700 parts work on the 40X rimfire receiver. I started with a bare receiver and a new PT&G bolt assembly. I need the lever and spring for the receiver and the parts that fit on the trigger.
Thanks

Not sure if the 700 would work but if remember right the 740 would.
With that being said my guess is that you could get the 700 to work with a little mods if it didn't.
The bolt release is a pain so I left the release lever off all my 40X's benchrest rifles!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if the 700 would work but if remember right the 740 would.
With that being said my guess is that you could get the 700 to work with a little mods if it didn't.
The bolt release is a pain so I left the release lever off all my 40X's benchrest rifles!!

Thanks Doug, I may have found a source that I will call tomorrow. Being a carry rifle I think I will try to get it to work.

Parts are all the same except for the release blade. You can use the 700 blade by grinding to the same shape as the 40x rf. PM me with an email and I'll send you a blade if you haven't found one. I'll look in my parts box and send you what I have but I'm sure I have a spare blade. There are 2 types of springs, early ones use the 722 spring (coil) and later 40x uses the 700 wire type.
Dave

Parts are all the same except for the release blade. You can use the 700 blade by grinding to the same shape as the 40x rf. PM me with an email and I'll send you a blade if you haven't found one. I'll look in my parts box and send you what I have but I'm sure I have a spare blade. There are 2 types of springs, early ones use the 722 spring (coil) and later 40x uses the 700 wire type.
Dave

Thanks Dave. I believe I have a later model. It has the B suffix. I'm waiting until tomorrow to check with Outdoor Gunparts in Indiana when they open. I would be happy to buy yours if you have one.

Butch,
You find what you need?
I have a stop blade, release lever for the trigger, , and a 700 type wire spring if you can use any or all of these.
I have also installed a Sinclair pull type bolt stop in 40X actions which I really like best but it's more work to install.
Dave

Butch,
You find what you need?
I have a stop blade, release lever for the trigger, , and a 700 type wire spring if you can use any or all of these.
I have also installed a Sinclair pull type bolt stop in 40X actions which I really like best but it's more work to install.
Dave

Dave, I did locate the factory parts and am good to go.
Thank you very much

Back