My receiver is missing a thread What do I do?

elmerdeer

My mod 70 receiver is missing a thread about about 2/3 in, is there anything that could or should be done to it? Is there any danger?
I just had 2 Krieger barrels chambered for it, and had no idea of the missing thread on the receiver or I might have got myself a new action, but know the barrels are threaded
for this action. What options do I have?

Thx
Elmer

Is this a newer controlled round feed action? I know the FN SPR actions have a cutout in the threads under the gas vent hole...it was machined there on purpose. If that's the case, it's supposed to be that way and no worries. If not, then need more info.

Is this a newer controlled round feed action? I know the FN SPR actions have a cutout in the threads under the gas vent hole...it was machined there on purpose. If that's the case, it's supposed to be that way and no worries. If not, then need more info.

Yes It is a crf action, but the action was made probably in the late 80's 280cal . There does seem to be some sort of machined cut out in the threads like part of the threads have a flat surface that seems to be original. But 60 % of one thread seems to have gone missing starting from the lug going up towards the scope base.
Thank you
Elmer

Thank you msalm you were right its exactly as you described it after looking at it closer, its not missing a partial thread its machined that way.
And thank you Butch for the picture.
Thank you
Elmer

Back