My new Turtle Killer

Butch Lambert

I'm using one of my old 40X receivers to base this on.
Receiver had a little of Gene Davis"s work
Bartlien 8 groove-left hand gaintwist- Gene Davis sure does the prettiest work!
Jewell trigger
PT&G bolt assembly- Gene Davis reworked the firing pin, and Dan Armstrong did the nice bolt handle.
It has a PT&G 3 pos. safety
Jim Kobe is making the custom scope bases.
The scope is a 24X Remington prototype scope from the Remington Custom Shop. This one is the only prototype and came from the estate of Mike Walker
I buy my wood from Roger Vardy in Australia.Jim Kobe will carve it for me.

ztv2v.jpg

2zzufmg.jpg

kbbq4h.jpg

I know it ain't a comp rifle, but I still like it. Maybe by the end of the year.

It is a rimfire. It will used to control the turtle population. Your nice little turtle is safe. They are wearing my fish out in our fishing pond.This is my last 2 receivers. The turtle gun is being built on the 40X and I still have the 40XB for whatever in the future.
f2kk87.jpg

Put up a sign - "No Turtles Allowed"!

What kind of turtles are they?

Fish eating turtles. I've only seen 1 snapper. I've trapped quite a few, but I've let them out a quarter mile from the house and they haul A$$ back almost as fast as I. My grandson, in his infinite wisdom, went a half mile away and was caught by the property owner putting them in his pond. Fortunately he was a nice guy.

Turtle Killer

I feed the catfish and bream in my farm pond daily with a floating fish food. The darn turtles have started swimming up and fighting the fish for food. Have to thin them out every once in a while!

When you shoot their heads off the turtles tend to sink making recovery pretty much impossible. They do resurface in a couple of days after they bloat up. Doubt the meat would be very tasty then though!

Nice rifle Butch! Looking forward to pics when it's finished. Vic

Put an ad in the local advertiser for a trapper for the turtles. Also contact the local trappers assn and someone will be glad to remove the turtles for you.

If you were around here youd have help now.

I'm with Charlotte!! On the other hand, if I didn't have enough money to buy beans at the Piggly Wiggly I might change.

Back