my new toy!!

D

derek casey

suhl150001.jpg
suhl150005.jpg
it's a suhl 150 i got off this sights classifieds. it has a bsa platinum 36x target scope on it. it will soon have a weaver 36t in it's place. i haven't shot it yet, but i will in the morning. i'm ordering a tuner as i'm typing this. next thing is to contact gene davis and get test lots of eley for it. man i hope this thing is fun!! the guy i got it from said that it liked wolf mt better than the eley, buy i gotta try it and find out myself!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
new toy

derek
Congratulations on the new Suhl,it looks great! Everyone says they are real shooters too! Also i notice you have "Rusty Duck" on the bench,Butch Hongisto says that's the only stuff to use.
Colt.45

i like the old rusty duck. it does a good job. i can't wait till my girlfeind wakes up cause i'm shooting it in my basement this morning to give it a work out. this rifle should be really great. the guy i got it from said he shot asperins at 50 yards with it. if i can figure out what amo it likes after i get a tuner for it, it should really be sweet. if i have to rebarrel it that is no biggy. i have a foundation for a great shooter here.
'

man i have got one heck of a shooter now!!!! the guy i got it from said wolf mt. no way no how!! i tried it, a german made match round, eley target rifle, and fiocchi super match. the fiocchi super match posted a 5 shot 50 yard group i have got to measure!!!!!! it is tiny!! this ammo sounds like it is hotter than the others i tried. it really pops when you sqeeze one off. now i've got to talk to a friend of mine and see what he thinks. a tuner will really make this rifle sweet!!!!!!
firstshotswiththesuhl002.jpg
firstshotswiththesuhl003.jpg
firstshotswiththesuhl004.jpg
now i know this won't win national matches, but i just shot 5 shots with each brand today. now i shot about 25 wolf mt to fowl the barrel. i think with a solid table(the one i'm using now shakes like a paint mixxer!!LOL!!) and a tuner this gun could be a real shooter. what do you all think?

Looks like a good one, shooting those groups with bare barrel. I put a mid barrel tuner on the Suhl I have and the difference in group sizes as the tuner moved up the barrel was dramatic. Got the tuner from Charlie Scott and am now a believer! I highly reccommend one for your Suhl.

p.s. it came with a Hoehn muzzle tuner which is used in conjunction with the midbarrel

i'm ordering a hoehn tuner for it. you use each tuner? i've never seen a mid-barrel tuner. could you put a picture of a mid-barrel tuner on here? i might be interested in one. i want to sqeeze everything i can out of this rifle. today was the only time i've shot it and i'm impressed with what it did with the fiocchi super match ammo. it sounds hotter than the rest. the rifle may like a hotter round.

dereck,

I think you will find that Suhl to be the most accurate gun you have probably shot. I know mine was. My factory barrel would shoot holes for groups. And I do mean itsy bitsy holes around .200 or less. Some will go close to .100. The Suhl barrels are super duper accurate. One of the best factory rimfire barrels ever made I do believe. Your gun will do way better than those groups I'd bet money on it. Try some black or red box Eley. The Eley Biathlon EPS works super. It probably shot the best in my Suhl barrel. Some of the old Fed shot well too. The SK Pistol Match will shoot holes as well.

Good luck.

Brad

i put the digital trigger scale on it today. it was braking at 1.5 pounds. i had a new friend tell me how to get it way down and it is now at the 2oz trigger.

Back