My New Sporter

E

Escbowhunt

I should have never found this place I will be broke for ever!

So after a talk with Bill Calfee on the phone one day about a sporter barrel contour he got me to Mr North at Broughton Barrels and that got me to Mr Gordon Eck and that got me This. Yep it is a CZ with a 3 oz trigger. I have not even shot it yet and want to build a 10.5lb sporter now!
Theron
barrel1.jpg

barrel3.jpg

barrel2.jpg

Theron, congratulations on a fine looking rifle. now all us cz owners want to see some targets. nice job on the stock that looks good.:)

Take Gordon's advice on how to clean and care for it. Wait 'til you shoot it; you're in for a surprise. If the rifle's weight allows you to put a nice variable scope on it and still be under 7.5 lbs, you may not need that 10.5 lb rifle. Gordon's sporters shoot that well. :D

Who made the stock? Where did you get a 3oz trigger for the CZ? I have had my CZ in a sporter stock for a while but can not find an answer to the trigger on the rifle until I find some way to replace the factory trigger I will be wasteing my time. garrisone.

Take Gordon's advice on how to clean and care for it. Wait 'til you shoot it; you're in for a surprise. If the rifle's weight allows you to put a nice variable scope on it and still be under 7.5 lbs, you may not need that 10.5 lb rifle. Gordon's sporters shoot that well. :D
Yep I am not even going to the range till I round up all the cleaning supplies and the ammo to come in I am not finding the short rimfire brushes he ask me to get. I put a New Burris 6X HBR with Alan Halls rings (those darn things are hard to get on!) But i think like you say I will be going to a variable if weight allows I need to get a good set of digital scales.

Who made the stock? Where did you get a 3oz trigger for the CZ? I have had my CZ in a sporter stock for a while but can not find an answer to the trigger on the rifle until I find some way to replace the factory trigger I will be wasteing my time. garrisone.
Don Stith stock email me and I will go over the trigger deal escbowhunt@bellsouth.net CZ is not the greatest platform to make a RF BR gun but it can be done. If Butch get his trigger made I think then you will see more.

Whistler: NO - I didn't get your e-mail on the CZ. Thanks garrisone.

love the cz rifle

escbowhunt:
love your rife. i am curious about the muzzle end of the barrel, is it a larger outside diameter, but still integral with the barrel? or is it some sort of thread on break, weight, compensator? if it is still integral with the barrel, is it just to add the upfront weight, similar to the barrels green mountain calls their "running boar" barrels? looks great!
thanks,
kstockfo

escbowhunt:
love your rife. i am curious about the muzzle end of the barrel, is it a larger outside diameter, but still integral with the barrel? or is it some sort of thread on break, weight, compensator? if it is still integral with the barrel, is it just to add the upfront weight, similar to the barrels green mountain calls their "running boar" barrels? looks great!
thanks,
kstockfo
I am sorry but you will have to ask the pro's in here how it works I can say it is all one peice form Broughton barrels and has to be one peice to be legal for 7.5lb sporter IR50/50.

I'm certainly not a pro but if I understand it correctly the theory is that the additional material extended over the crown adds weight and works as a tuner would.

Everyone asks that, its a Hart It may be that the cost keeps people from getting them for RF BR? It is a darn good top!

I doubt if cost is a factor if it offers an advantage. $1000 rests are fairly common.

My guess is he's thinking that they are too inexpensive for us to consider. I have a Hart base and a Fudd top and it does everything I need it to do except further deplete my wallet.

My guess is he's thinking that they are too inexpensive for us to consider. I have a Hart base and a Fudd top and it does everything I need it to do except further deplete my wallet.
And as I go full circle I will get a fudd rest, Scott is just behind I have since gotten a cowan frond rest for my 8 year old son seems to be an ok rest. The Fudd top looks to be the best way to go a rounded sporter stock I hear fits good then you can move to a wider stock with out changing tops right?

takes about 30 seconds and even does well with these skinny cz stocks.

Back