my new f-class rig ain't she pretty

S

sourdough

just got through putting this baby together tonight, she's one of them open class guns.

Attachments

• scope mount.jpg
    scope mount.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1,469
Nice rifle!

I hope I am not being too picky but I think your rig would look much better and have a devestating phycological effect on other competors if you would blue the scope rings.

rings

I especially like the scope rings - infinitely adjustable for scope size and allow for shimming.

Good work

I have seen such things shoot the x out of a target so I will not make fun of it.However I would add another scope ring at the rear to prevent dreaded scope flop.

Chuck.

WOW! Heavy duty tactical rings too! In a silver finish....bet the box they came in said "Barska" or "BSA"..........:D

What you need is a chunk of FlipFlop under the rear of that scope and another ring so you have an adjustable MOA base...

i know ya'll are just jealous that i have such a fine rig. it has all of the latest stuff you can git, multeepl scope rings that can be adjusted for tension and angle, for them long shots, a long range catanted base that i fixted myself, you should also note the fancy europeen wood stock, the imported europeen barreldud action, it got a 2 groove barrel so's it don't mess up the boolets to much. it's just a gemdandy. i can't wait to git it to the range and try her out. bet them there 1000 yard targets won't have a chance with me on the firerun line. ya'll gesst wait and see i'm gone to be the envy of the range.

Living in the wooly north and being part of the commonwealth, we spend alot of time shooting these Lee's. If the barrel is straight, shooting MOA or better is not out of the question. Best part is some will hold their accuracy even when the pipe gets hot.

I found Hornady 150gr bullets to give the best accuracy with most pipes as they are the largets in diameter. 174gr FMJBT are a great bullet too with a pretty decent BC.

You can play with Sierra too in case you have a tighter bore. The match 174gr is a good bullet.

I do like the scope set up though. Get a patent as many will follow. You may as well get a bit of royalty for your ingenuity.

Enjoy...

Jerry

If you could add a bit more commentary, particularly about how well it groups, who the proud gunsmith is etc., 6mmBR.com are always on the lookout for "Gun of the Week" material......

Alan :D

Ain't she pretty . . .

Greg Culpepper had one that looked about that good that he would shoot in the factory class at Hawks Ridge. Believe it or not, his old 6.5 shot several single digit groups at 1000 -- I think one was a 7 incher. Maybe Greg or some of the shooters from Hawks Ridge will chim in and tell you about the $90.00 hammer.:D

Jim

Back