MUZZLE BRAKE on 300 win mag

M

mike in co

guys,
i asked this inside another thread, and i think it got missed.
this is a 1000 yd rifle.
what brakes work, what are you using.
thanks
mike in co

brake

I don't shoot 1000 in competition, other than friendly. I have a Vais on my Sendero 300 w.m. and really like it. If and when a rebarrel is needed, I'll take it to San Antonio and get another one. Also have one on a 25-06 for distant varmint work......same story, get to watch the impact.

Dennis

Mike in CO,
I don't believe there is any rocket science behind muzzle brakes. Parallel and perpendicular and you are in good shape! To me its that simple.

I had a Sendero 300 Win Mag that I used for a LG years ago. I had Dave Tooley put one of his std chamber style brakes on it. It has a open chamber between the crown the front baffle with 3 radial rows of 5 holes in each row. Didn't have any problem spotting shots.
I've also used rifles with Vais and many different types of brakes on them and they all work.
To me if the brake is made to where things are parallel and perpendicular and a decent amount of clearance for the bullet to clear the front baffle you really can't tell the difference between different manufactured brakes. And I don't buy into one brake is quieter than another. I haven't found a quiet center fire rifle yet with or without a brake.

Steve

Surefire Muzzle Brakes

I agreed with Steve until about a month ago I got to use a couple of the new Surefire Muzzle brakes. Amazing.

I agreed with Steve until about a month ago I got to use a couple of the new Surefire Muzzle brakes. Amazing.

i almost said something earlier...are these the ones with the 11degree exit nozzles ?

mike in co

Surefire

Not sure about an "exit nozzle" the end of the brake has a radius/curve. They work.

Back