Muzzle brake 6mm

Worker

Can I use a Vias Muzzle brake that was in my 6mm and install it on my 22/250. Bore hole measures .250

It will work, but not as effectively as one bored to the proper size for that bullet. Although there will be less chance of a bullet strike if not aligned properly.

Where you run into trouble using brakes from one rifle to another is if a you use one from a smaller caliber on a larger caliber. A customer of mine had two rifles a .224 and a 6.5. He got the brakes switched and installed the .224 brake on the 6.5. The brake spilt and belled out when the 6.5 was fired through the .22 brake. The brakes fit flush and were turned to the same contour diameter as the barrel that they fit. So it should have been pretty obvious that he had them on the wrong barrel as they stepped at the muzzle because of the mismatch. Best thing is to not use brakes from one rifle to another.

Can I use a Vias Muzzle brake that was in my 6mm and install it on my 22/250. Bore hole measures .250

That's not a lot of clearance (7 thou) on the original rifle, everything including the carbon build up would want to be under control.

You wouldn't want to run that tight a clearance on a 90 degree ported brake.

I recommend 25-30 thou clearance on my brakes but they are angled back ported brakes not Radial like the Vias.

Even running over double that clearance has little/no affect on my brakes performance

Larger too smaller

That's not a lot of clearance (7 thou) on the original rifle, everything including the carbon build up would want to be under control.

You wouldn't want to run that tight a clearance on a 90 degree ported brake.

I recommend 25-30 thou clearance on my brakes but they are angled back ported brakes not Radial like the Vias.

Even running over double that clearance has little/no affect on my brakes performance

Its going from 6mm to a .224 .Its has a bore diameter of .250 and will be used on a .224 diameter bore (My 22/250) Others have said it will work fine.

Yes you can. I have lots of customers that only buy 30 cal brakes to use on all their rifles. This way there is no chance of accidentally ending up with a 6mm brake on their 300 win mag.

Its going from 6mm to a .224 .Its has a bore diameter of .250 and will be used on a .224 diameter bore (My 22/250) Others have said it will work fine.

Yes I appreciate that, I was commenting on its original fitment clearance when it was on the 6mm.

Back