Moving Target Backers

F

fe1

Hey Guys
Anyone have any info on how to build moving target backers? Any info would be greatly appreciated by the members of Texarkana Gun Club.
Thanks, Floyd

For the actual mechanism

Go to www.viperactions.com. Hit drawings tab and then moving backer instructions tab. It has a mechanism I designed and built for Denton. I think Seymour and Midland use it now too. It has almost no turnaround dead time. Good luck.

FE1

Do you hold club meets at texarkana range or are they in the planning stage .
I am in Marshall,tx and would like to know.

Larry Sivils

1thumb,
We have benchrest matches on the third saturday of every month , shooting hours are 8:00 am till sunset. Matches start at 9:00 am. Our club meetings are usually held at Gander Mountain or the Southwest Center in Texarkana on the first Tuesday following the BR matches at 7:00 PM.
Hope this helps. Floyd

Mike Ratigan's book

Floyd,

Mike's book is called Extreme Rifle Accuracy. It is a great read and I have read it a half dozen times already.

Here is a link to a review of it and details of how to get a copy.

http://www.6mmbr.com/bookreviews.html

You can also contact Mike on (580) 256-2963.

I hope this helps.
Peter

Mike's book

Floyd,
I happen to have a copy of the book that you are talking about. I had forgotten about that section of the book. I'll bring it to the next match if you want me to.
Larry

Texarkana Gun Club

Joe
You can find our club on the internet at www.texarkanagunclub.org. At the present time we have about 238 members. The initial membership package is $175.00 when you first join and then drops to $75.00 per year. Also NRA membership is required by all members.
The range has 6 pistol bays and a 200yd rifle range with a covered firing line that has 7 benches.
We conduct matches almost every weekend of the month. We have IPSC pistol matches, ARA benchrest matches and cowboy action matches. These matches are all registered matches. At the present time we do not shoot centerfire matches that are considered registered matches but are always open to new shooting ideas.
If you need to talk to someone you can contact me Larry Burchfield at ljburchfield@sbcglobal.net or on the land line at 870-898-2983. Also if you need a membership application let me know.
Hopes this info helps

Larry Burchfield
1615 Northwood St.
Ashdown, Arkansas 71822
Treasurer TGC

Back