Mike Graham has left the Range....

Renegade

I just got word today that Mike Graham, a longtime IR50/50 shooter at Pinnacle Mtn. and Salem passed away on Sat. Mike was the second shooter from this area that I met when I started shooting 5 yrs ago. He's been a regular at both our evening and weekend shoots here at Salem, when his health permitted. He was the type of guy who didn't care how he shot, he was just here to try to do better than he did the last time. He was just starting to get his Suhl shooting VERY well at the end of last season, and we were all looking forward to seeing him place at the top this coming season. His smile will be sorely missed...

Here is his obit:
NORTH BENNINGTON -- Michael Graham Jr., 76, a resident of Royal Street, North Bennington, died Saturday, Jan. 12, 2008, at the Vermont Veterans Home following a brief illness.

Born in Lynn, Mass., on Nov. 23, 1931, he was the son of the late Michael Graham Sr. and the former Marion (Berrett) Graham.

He received his education in the Saugus, Mass., schools.

Mike was a veteran of the Korean Conflict, serving with the U. S. Air Force during that time.

He married the former Mary Dawson Batease at the Shaftsbury United Methodist Church on Feb. 13, 1982.

Mike was employed as a lineman by the New England Telephone company for 35 years until his retirement in 1985.

An avid outdoorsman, he especially enjoyed hiking, fishing, hunting in Maine and attending family gatherings. For many years, Mike participated in various competitive shooting events throughout the region.

However, Mike’s true passion in life was his love of Jesus Christ.

Survivors include his wife, Mary Graham of North Bennington; four sons, John Graham of Birmingham, Ala., Todd Batease of Moodus, Conn., Paul Batease and Jospeh Bishop, both of Bennington; five daughters, Dee Dee Scheerer of Buskirk, N.Y., Debbie Carter of Manchester, Vicki Duda of Colonie, N.Y, Sheena Reilly of Atlanta, Ga., and Diane Bishop of Bennington; a sister, Harriet Piotrowski of Crossville, Tenn.; 20 grandchildren and three great-grandchildren; several nieces, nephews and cousins.

A Memorial Mass of Resurrection will be held from St. John the Baptist Church in North Bennington on Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2008, at 10 a.m.

At Mr. Graham’s request there will be no calling hours.

Should friends desire, contributions in Michael Graham’s memory may be made to Southwestern Vermont Regional Cancer Center through the office of the Mahar & Son Funeral Home, 628 Main St., Bennington, VT 05201.

I have never met the man but was glad to hear that he knew his Savior and that is all that counts for all of us. Sorry to hear of his passing. We will all meet his end one day. But if we use our lives to broaden the Kingdom, then we shall be rewarded. I pass my condolences to his family and friends.

Carp

Really sorry to hear this. We'll miss Mike, he was always the gentleman with a smile. You could count on him as a regular who enjoyed himself at a match. Our condolances to his family.

Ken & Cherie

Back