Meplat uniformer using Wilson trimmer?

J

Jay Idaho

A friend says that he saw this tool advertised recently but cannot find it now. Is it for real? Anybody seen one or know of a source?

Thanks,

Jay, Idaho

meplate trimmer

Jay, The tool you are looking for is from Whidden Gunworks. John Whidden sells this tool, and also a bullet pointing die based on a Forster benchrest seater. I have personally used the 6, 6.5,30, and 338 collets and they work fine. Do a search for Whidden gunworks and the website pops right up. They are located in Nashville Ga. phone#229-686-1911. P.S The bullet pionting tool works as well. Good luck, Waverly

Thanks for the info,

My friend has the Widden pointing die. He is now seeking something similar to the meplat uniformer offered by Sinclair, etc. This is a tool that holds the bullet at a specific depth, based on the ogive, while a 2 flute, centercutting 1/4" endmill is used to trim material from the uneven "flower" at the end of the hollowpoint. It is used by hand, where the Wilson based unit uses the trimming fixture made by Wilson.
Hope this makes sense.

Jay, Idaho

meplat uniformer

Jay:

You might be looking for the tool made by Kevin Kram. I can't remember the name of his company, but it is a very well made tool. I suspect another shooter will have the details on getting in touch with Kevin.

Jim Hardy

John Hoover,has the best meplat trimmer. It is advertised in PS Magazine. His number is 814-684-5322

Thanks for the input.

I get the info to my friend and he can pursue the sources recommended.

Jay, Idaho

Jay,Idaho

Jay
Tell your friend to think about a Tooley or Tubb meplat uniformer as well.They have a smaller outside diameter to them and a cordless drill sure beats cranking a handle all day.
If its a good friend tell him to remove the burr that gets left on the outside edge of the bullet from the tool.
Lynn

The e-mail listed is my old one. My new e-mail is kevin@mcrifles.com
For those that have my MCR Meplat Uniforming Tool already or those that are looking for one I now have a power adapter which replaces the stop and makes life alot easier. Check out my website, shoot me an e-mail or give me a call for more details.

Back