Match One in PA Ought to be a Beaut!

4Mesh

Looking outside at freezing rain, snow, total overcast and 40+mph gusts, I'd expect to see some real beauties shot today. And it's not looking like any records L be set tomorrow either.

I opted for a baking contest instead. Looks like it was a good decision!

Match1.png

Attachments

• Match1.jpg
    Match1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 138
Last edited by a moderator:
Not one all in the blue pins or hot shot pins were given out on Saturday. We put off the light gun shoot offs until the next match. Long time shooters said it was the worst day ever seen at the range. Targets blown off the backers, extra sighters, many good shooters dq'd- whoever set up this schedule should be shown the gate!!!! Sacramento winds!!!!!

Come on oneflyer there are still some of us that can read that wind. 13.2 with a 94 score two out of the blue isn't bad and I kept all 30 rounds on paper.
Joe Salt

Hey Frank,

Any chance you can make the HG shootoff invalid?

It's tough at work dealing with the 'noise'

:D

Not one all in the blue pins or hot shot pins were given out on Saturday. We put off the light gun shoot offs until the next match. Long time shooters said it was the worst day ever seen at the range. Targets blown off the backers, extra sighters, many good shooters dq'd- whoever set up this schedule should be shown the gate!!!! Sacramento winds!!!!!

You pussies.
We had the same conditions at Byers, Colorado Sunday and had all shootoffs.
We didn't just have targets blow off backers, we had the whole backers along with the 2x4s blow off so we probably had it a little worse.
Y'all need to grow a pair and shoot in the wind.

Actually these conditions aren't uncommon for us.

James

Actually, it sounds as if you guys need to learn to build stuff so it doesn't fall apart in a little wind.

According to weather underground, you did not have it worse... Not even close. Just so ya know.

Another few big differences between here and there are... this match WILL get the shootoffs shot. The shootoffs do not mean anything other than who won the match, all the stuff that is counted for the year is done as it should be. AND, nobody here is bitching about it! Heheh, ain't it wonderful!

hope you enjoyed the shootoffs in CO!

Chisolm What if I told you, it was so bad Ed Kenzakoski had his Surr Feed with amo in it blow over in relay 10. and his taget blew of twice. No little breeze.

Joe Salt

oh joe, put that skirt away! leo's brother lonnie had his 17 pound gun blow off the table, and tumble down to the road at our matches 1 and 2 in march! now if it starts blowing heavies around i will hafta check into this baking thing myself!
tom

Tom I heard if you pass gass out there, you better move because the wind won't move it. Anyhow I thought it separated the men from the boy's but little Frankie won anyway. Had fun got to meet new people and still enjoyed myself. Forgot you start early. I'll take a look.

Joe SAlt

Y'all need to grow a pair and shoot in the wind. James

Joe, I dunno, Anyone pumping that much estrogen into themselves might be dangerous. I, for one, never envied women their "pairs," even when it got 'em on the cover of Rolling Stone. Turn sideways into the wind and you still have a problem.

They got some strange ideas in Colorado. Must come from all those NYC people who moved there.

joe,
thats how it normally is here..sometimes it's even still lingering around when we get down there the next month. we have another one this weekend, hopefully it will be back to NORM!
later,
tom

Record rainfall canceled the Saturday shootoff, not the wind. I hear there are
clubs that cancel matches because of wind, we don't in Pa. You had to be there to
really know what the conditions were like.

jack1k

I could see canceling a smaller *aggregate* match because of the wind -- some will get far better conditions than others. But not a shootoff. With the shootoff, everybody competing gets the same conditions, be they good or bad.

Rain's different. Rain can even be a safety issue. We've seen it so bad you can't see the ground, berm, or anything else at 1,000. And targets can get too wet so handle/score.

Charles We have a world open every July so the men from Colorado with the better shooting guns can come to williamsport and show use how its done. wish I had some extra money, cause I'd be out there for there big match. I'm saving my money for the IBS Nationals in september. Going to need extra for GAS! Or shoot off's are just for first, second, and third place money that we hand out at all or agg. matches, instead of a piece of wood which there is no more room for on my basement walls thanks to my wife. Chisolm sounds like you need better wood out there.

Joe Salt

Back