Match Directors and Shooters

Hi Joe,

Has the board considered offering official targets for sale to the match directors?

I have a 30x microscope that I can use to check 10 ring printed diameter.....but I would prefer to not have to do so, and just be able to order ones that I know are going to be accepted as correct. I think I pay about 30 cents a target over here.

Is there a deemed acceptable 10 ring diameter tolerance?

Mike

Hi Joe,

I was aware of the ring sizes.....I was just wondering if there is any standard for allowable variance. It says that these are the average size in the wording.

For example.....what if the 10 ring was measured at.080" or .078"? Are those acceptable?

Mike

match directors and shooters

Joe, is there a time frame for the scoring of submitted targets?

Thanks, Frank

Scoring gauge

I have an excellant built magnified scoring gauge from William Meuser. Has .17, .20,22,25 on up to 375. I want to ask if he can build me a dedicated 17/20/22 ring. If and when we get any top scores here in montana our targets can be sent in for review, if questioned. There will be no plug marks. Would this not be the best way to go? Thankyou, Pete

Hi Joe,

I was aware of the ring sizes.....I was just wondering if there is any standard for allowable variance. It says that these are the average size in the wording.

For example.....what if the 10 ring was measured at.080" or .078"? Are those acceptable?

Mike

Mike,
I took the normal black/white 25 m target and zoomed in on to the .pdf file to 1600%. The rings stay beautifully round. Same with our colored target. Regarding the tolerance I think the problem comes in with the guys who does the printing. Not sure if they all work to a decent tolerance and quality standard but I bet that you get what you pay for.

When we have targets printed I would take the proof copy and check the ring sizes OD with a electronic vernier. To date I have not had reason to complain about the dimensions. It is a good idea to batch the print run as different printer batches may differ slightly. So have everybody shoot the same at the batch at a given time.

Shooting targets that was produced on a copier should not be used in any competition where you want to feel sure about the scores that you shoot.

Gert

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-08-17 at 6.28.50 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-08-17 at 6.28.50 PM.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 180
You can zoom the PDF to 6400% with Adobe Reader

and you get a 6" ten ring made up of 20 separate straight lines. A 20gon I suppose, though I doubt that we would ever need to worry about scoring to that resolution.
Gary Palmer

Back