Machining a Bugatti W-16 engine block

Interesting. We have a local guy that CNCs big block Chevs. One of the interesting things that I have seen on youtube is a running 32valve DOHC supercharged motor that John Pierce put together. It was a scratch built thing. I wish I knew how to search youtube.
Butch

Doing it from a solid

I went back into my old shop at Christmas. They were installing this guy. This is a V10 size. I had already bought 2 A12's before I retired. When you need to make something big and from a solid, not a casting get one of these. Look at the 1550 V10-II below.

The big chuck on this vertical only turns 300 RPM, but it is almost 79" diameter. (The drilling/milling spindle will do 10,000 RPM though.)

http://www.mazakusa.com/productpage.asp?lngEquipID=8

where you going to get the money though

So Where Is The Money?

Think in terms of money as gold coins. Your gold coins at the bank didn't just vanish, they changed hands. Everything going on around you is a 'wealth transfer' disguised as an economic crash. Jake Goldstein went to the bank and borrowed your gold coins to buy Shem Berg's shopping center. Jake defaults on the mortgage, Shem has your gold coins, and two years from now Jake will buy his mall back for 10 cents on the dollar.

If you had $50,000 in gold coins your 401-K, that money didn't vanish, it simply changed hands. You got a 1000 shares in Starbucks, and Solomon Schultz got your gold coins.

How long does this whole operation take?

Why no cutting fluid at first?

Amazing technology!

Back