M16 extractor on .223 boltface 722

akajun

I have a 722 in 222 that I popped a few primers on. Eroding the boltface. I'm going to bush the boltface and while I was at it install a m16 or mini 16 extractor. However looking around on ptgs web page I see they offer replacement bolts for the 722, but only with a standard remington extractor or a sako extractor, no m16 or mini16 offered. Can a mini or m16 extractor be installed on a .223 boltface or are those only for .308!boltfaces and larger?
That is unless wants to sell me a couple .223 722 extractors cheap.

Thanks, I wonder why ptg does not offer that option for 223 boltfaces for there new bolts , but offers it for sako extractors, especially since the m16 type extractor is considered safer

Why is the m16 safer? They went to the mini m16 because the regular m16 took so much metal off behind the safety ring. So the mini is no different than the sako just a different design

I have a 722 in 222 that I popped a few primers on. Eroding the boltface. I'm going to bush the boltface and while I was at it install a m16 or mini 16 extractor. However looking around on ptgs web page I see they offer replacement bolts for the 722, but only with a standard remington extractor or a sako extractor, no m16 or mini16 offered. Can a mini or m16 extractor be installed on a .223 boltface or are those only for .308!boltfaces and larger?
That is unless wants to sell me a couple .223 722 extractors cheap.

I have a couple, there are new. if you would like to give me a call I'm sure we can work something out. 509-438-2685 Darrell

I've put a lot of standard M 16 type extractors in Remington small rifle bolts. And they are better than a Sako.

Jim

D.Kiff/PT&G offered SAKO extractor cut .378" faced bolt bodies & extractors initially.
The combo was short lived.

A 700 S/A bolt will fit into your 722 action.
The only difference is the anti bind slot cut in the RH bolt lug of the 700 bolt & of course the handle.

Back